Leaving out of Galveston

mskillern

We are thinking about flying into Houston Hobby the night before our cruise. We will stay the night in Galveston and want to know what is the best way to get to Galveston from the airport. Did you take a taxi or limo?

What was the cost? Thanks so much!!

You may want to check out the Gulf Coast Departures board for info on this. But (although we've only flown into IAH for Galveston cruises) I've read on this board that a shared van service ala SuperShuttle is probably the best price you're going to get. I've also heard that Galveston Express is pretty good and reasonably priced. Taxis.... pretty pricey.

We are thinking about flying into Houston Hobby the night before our cruise. We will stay the night in Galveston and want to know what is the best way to get to Galveston from the airport. Did you take a taxi or limo?

What was the cost? Thanks so much!!

We have done Galveston and took a limo about a 50 minute ride from the Hobby area. We will leave from Galveston again in June 2016 and this time we purchased pre and post cruise transfers (35.00 one way p.p) through carnival.

Because we live in CA we will fly in a day early so it's our responsibility to get back to the arrival area at Hobby, but most hotels have free shuttle service.

I travel to the south side of Houston for work a few times a year so their are plenty of hotels with 2 miles from the airport!

The issue with the limo was we had seven people and a weeks worth of luggage and they actually had to send two cars ( one for bags)

Hope this helped a bit!

Tim

Edited by CaribbeanLVR

My family of four took a limo to Galveston's port and after all the costs, it wasn't THAT much more than taking an SUV for 50 minutes to the port. If you find a good deal it may come out even in the end, although limos are a little comfier. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am doing the same thing and got lots of quotes from different places. We decided to rent a car from Enterprise at the airport and return it just before our cruise. It was cheapest AND gives us the convenience to explore Galveston while we are there for about 24hrs ( we won't be stuck at the hotel ). Enterprise is the only car rental on the island of Galveston so you'd have to go with them. We're taking yellow cab from enterprise to the cruise port. It is $12 for up to 4 people and since we have 5 people it's an extra $10.