Email Phishing Canadian Travel "Visa"

This may have been discussed somewhere else, but thought I would send out a head's up.

I received an email in my spam folder "from Royal Caribbean" with a "Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alert".

To the quick reader or someone very trusting - this looks very official - and doesn't want to get to the port without the correct documentation - they might be tempted to go to the site. I'm sure it will look official as well - and would probably ask for faxed copies of personal information and credit card.

Please beware!

Ahoy Mateys...

I notice that a few of you have a cruise coming up that includes Canada.

We do too.

Canada has introduced a new entry requirement, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), for visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to Canada. This regulation becomes mandatory March 15, 2016. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travelers with a valid visa. Read about the changes and how they may affect you.

A text will sent to us today called, "Brilliance of the Seas; Documentation Information". We also received a recorded phone call with the same information. When we checked in online for the cruise that included Canada, the check in asked which way we wanted to be contacted. We selected by phone call for one account, and by text for the other.

Getting back to the message.

The message basically wanted us to be aware of the Canada visa requirements and how it may affect us.

They wanted us to know that before boarding the ship, that Canada does require a visa for citizens of various nationalities. They refereed you to the web site of the CIC (Immigration and Citizenship) on the Government of Canada web site.

Being cautious of any links, I will not click on it, but I instead google my own information for visa requirements for Canada.

We have received these messages before when Royal was contacting us to let us know that our boarding had been delayed for an additional sanitation due to the Noro Virus.

We do appreciate the heads up as we can never be too cautious... These post do put you on alert for phishing schemes...

Thanks again...

Edited by Parrotheadtoo