Dancing on Ventura

Canugess

Hubby and I enjoy a bit of modern Jive and Modern Blues dancing. Where is the best place to find contemporary music in the evenings on the Ventura? Its a big ship and we only have two nights!

There is the Tamarind Club and the Havana that play a range of music and have different bands etc. and a bit dancing but usually later at night. The Atrium is where most dancing is done but it is 50/50 with Sequence and Latin/Ballroom. There is Jive but obviously not overly much and not much use to you if you don't dance the rest of the dances.

Edited by dgs1956

How long has jive been going 😄 sequence is still popular if you dance ballroom etc....

We were on the Azura 18 months ago. Ventura sister ship. Ballroom and sequence in Atrium as has been said.

Can't remember where we danced jive but we will have done.

Not sure to be fair what Modern Blues Dancing is. Will check it out on Google.

Sequence Dancing! OMG... Will I be stepping back into the 1950's ! I didn't know people still did it. My nan used to do sequence dancing and she has been gone 20 years!

Argentine Tango was developed in the 19th Century.

Most places including Blackpool Tower Ballroom do 50% Sequence and 50% Latin and Ballroom. New dances are developed weekly. Granted most people don't bother too much with technique but they are enjoyed by many people. We learned a few rather than sit around for half the time. We do most Latin and Ballroom dances as well as Salsa, Mambo, Argentine Tango, Rock n Roll and enjoy the social side of Sequence Dancing. Don't write it off so quickly.