Anyone sailing Anthem soon....

I have a HUGE favor to ask anyone who will be on Anthem in the very near future.

I have her booked for Christmas this year (12/19 8 night). I was able to book Cabin 12228, which is a quad D2 that is part of the "family cluster" cabins (balcony, JS and inside) that are usually held for larger family groups. Well, I guess that they didn't want to hold the cabins back any longer and released them for individual booking, and this cabin is a great location near the elevators for my mom.

I'm hoping that someone on CC is either (a) in this cabin; (b) booked near this cabin; or © not near the cabin but on an upcoming cruise who would be willing to try and sneak a look at this cabin to see if the beds are near the closet or the balcony.

I'm hoping they are near the closet, as my mom will take the bed closest to the bathroom and this way, would not have to worry about trying to make her way around the sofa bed at night should she need to use the facilities after dark.

Anyone who might be able to help me out would have my undying gratitude. I know, sounds silly, but for anyone with a travelling companion with some mobility challenges, it's always easier to know in advance is something is going to work and if not, make a change. She doesn't need handicapped (thank goodness) but I try to make her trips as easy as possible if I can. Right now, this quad D2 is the closest one to the aft elevators (our desired location) but if the bedding situation won't work, I'll see about moving us.

Thanks again!!!!!

Hello Janet,

I will be sailing on Anthem on 24th October for 3 nights & I am staying in 12248.

If you don't receive a response to your question before then, I will endeavour to see if I can either sneak a look at the stateroom & maybe take a picture or two ;) or find out the answer for you.

Joan

Hello Janet,

I will be sailing on Anthem on 24th October for 3 nights & I am staying in 12248.

If you don't receive a response to your question before then, I will endeavour to see if I can either sneak a look at the stateroom & maybe take a picture or two ;) or find out the answer for you.

Joan

Thanks Joan. I'd appreciate it. Our final payment is 20th September so hopefully someone will be sailing earlier than that and might be able to do the same. I guess in the end we'll have to deal with it, but if I can make adjustments, I'd rather before final.

Thanks.

Guest maddycat

Why don't you just bring a small night light. The small round ones will fit in all RCI sockets. When we sail we always bring a night light with us.

On the Quantum class ships there is a night light in the bathroom. However, I don't think that it lights up the cabin, just the bathroom.

Edited by maddycat

Part of it would be helped by a night light, but really it's more to make it easier on her. If the sofabed it out, then the space between the end of it and the furniture to maneuver at night is narrow, and I don't want her falling while trying to get through a narrow space.

I'm sure if the bed is near the window, we'll manage, but if I can find out in advance and make a change, then I will.

Thanks.