Periscoping From A Suite Perspective10/31/2015

My wife and I have been a member of CC since 2004. We have obtained a tremendous amount of information from this site. Which is all of you. Our fellow cruisers.

As I have stated before we are celebrating our 15th anniversary on the Oasis of the Seas.

We have booked a Grand Suite cabin 8654.. Its not a Royal Suite but it does carry the same perks. Our intention is to scope the Suite only areas (perks) for your enjoyment and information gathering.

Rest assured we will include a lot more in our streams than the Suite areas. Our intention is to answer everyone's questions in these streams. If not we will follow up in a detailed review.

Others beginning with Iluvcruising have done a fabulous job of scoping the entire ship. My wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed the live streams from everyone that took the time from their vacation to share their experiences with others.

Cruising for us as in most of you is about having a great time for the dollar spent. We don't always book a suite. As many of you have experienced once you go from interior to a balcony to a suite it is hard to go back.

The reason we are posting this early is because we want all of you with questions to have the opportunity to post. Our intention is to print this thread out and take it with us on our cruise.

We would like to publicly thank Clarea for their continued contribution to CC. Their straight forward on point no drama answers are what most of us crave on CC. A stellar couple that my wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed thorough out the years. God Bless.

Our thanks to each one of you that has contributed your thoughts to the love of cruising.:)

Let the questions begin.

My wife and I have been a member of CC since 2004. We have obtained a tremendous amount of information from this site. Which is all of you. Our fellow cruisers.

As I have stated before we are celebrating our 15th anniversary on the Oasis of the Seas.

We have booked a Grand Suite cabin 8654.. Its not a Royal Suite but it does carry the same perks. Our intention is to scope the Suite only areas (perks) for your enjoyment and information gathering.

Rest assured we will include a lot more in our streams than the Suite areas. Our intention is to answer everyone's questions in these streams. If not we will follow up in a detailed review.

Others beginning with Iluvcruising have done a fabulous job of scoping the entire ship. My wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed the live streams from everyone that took the time from their vacation to share their experiences with others.

Cruising for us as in most of you is about having a great time for the dollar spent. We don't always book a suite. As many of you have experienced once you go from interior to a balcony to a suite it is hard to go back.

The reason we are posting this early is because we want all of you with questions to have the opportunity to post. Our intention is to print this thread out and take it with us on our cruise.

We would like to publicly thank Clarea for their continued contribution to CC. Their straight forward on point no drama answers are what most of us crave on CC. A stellar couple that my wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed thorough out the years. God Bless.

Our thanks to each one of you that has contributed your thoughts to the love of cruising.:)

Let the questions begin.

We'll be on the cruise with you! See you in 80 days!

I am very green when it comes to periscope...still learning my way around things. I was able to find you by your CC name, then I read more of the post and saw your name :)

I did see some of Iluvcruising's periscope streams. I keep saying when I get more time I will watch more. I wasnt able to watch many of them live, Hopefully I will have more time when you go live :) either way, I am looking forward to your review (or streams, whatever you call them!!)

Have a great trip!!

I too will be on this cruise, cabin 8116, and have pretty much talked myself into periscoping my adventures. I'm in a interior room. I will be happy as well to try to help with any questions or even a different perspective. For anyone who would like to follow me I can be found by searching for @Ladzen1

David

Ok.... I am very lost on this thread.. Periscope? I don't even know where to go look for this... I feel silly asking this question but I'm actually clueless as to what you guys are talking about???? please bare with me

Not a silly question at all. An explanation from the OP would be helpful.

What is "periscope?" You assume everyone reading this thread knows what you are talking about.

Periscope is a free app where you can broadcast live with your smart phone or tablet and those that follow you can watch your videos live and type questions or comments. The person recording the video can respond verbally. The videos are viewable for 24 hours.

There have been a few threads on here already where people were periscoping from their cruise.

I'm pretty sure the OP was not "assuming" anything but instead was being nice enough to take time out of his vacation for all of us here. You could have just googled periscope instead of being snarky towards the OP.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Periscope is a app on IOS and android that lets you broadcast what your device can see and hear in real time. Those who watch can ask questions or any other comment they care to.

Android users can search for periscope in the google play store. iOS users can search for it in the App Store. The picture that both stores use is a blue circle with a white teardrop and then red circle inside of that. Both apps are made by Twitter and are free to download.

Ladzen

Edited by Ladzen

Not a silly question at all. An explanation from the OP would be helpful.

My mistake sorry! I should have given a detailed explanation. Periscope is a free live streaming video app. It is available for Iphones and Android. If you research the app it is fairly self explanatory. After downloading the app and selecting a screen name you can select to follow a particular person by selecting their name.

While live streaming you can type messages to the person streaming the video then that person can answer you verbally. This is the short version.Again research it on the internet for specific details and functions.

Please accept my apology for not explaining this from the start.. :o

Just FYI there is also another app called Meerkat that does the same thing. Periscope is a Twitter owned program. I listed this in an earlier post but if anyone wishes to follow us on our 10/31/2015 cruise on the Oasis of the Seas you can access the video by following John Tyer. There is also another person that will be streaming live that has posted on this thread. You can follow them by using their screen name.