Allure A/C problem 8-2-15 sailing

mimb1

Just off Allure Sunday had a rough week dealing with intermittent A/C in balcony room 6556 and the guest services desk. First complaint on day 1 maintenance acknowledged problem and worked to correct A/C for the first night. Day 2 warm again (maintenance has a way to see room temp remotely and says yes we can see something is wrong) serviceman back and were cool for night 2. Day 3 no A/C again but everyone agrees there is a problem. Day 4 major work done outside and inside cabin all is cool. Day 5 no A/C again but now everyone says there is no problem and we should keep our blinds drawn 24/7 and deal with it. It's tuff to deal with it after spending $$$ to have a balcony you cannot enjoy. Anyone else on this cruise have a problem with A/C? Do you think RCCL corporate would offer a resolution at this point as guest services was a big tuff luck.

A couple of years ago I was either in 6556 or 6558 (the one with the bed by the window not the door)

I found it to be very very warm. I had to call down twice. On the second phone call on day 3 they said they made an adjustment on their end, and after that it was nice.

in march on the allure, I was further down the hall, I found it to be very warm, and called multiple times but the issue was never resolved to my satifsaction.

Something interesting from another poster this week on a different thread. They said that if you turned the master switch in the room off, it also turned off the ac.. and that they never used that switch, they always turned the lights on and off individually. I am not sure If I am convinced of this, but it is an interesting theory, and I know on more than one occassion I hit the master switch.

The fact that very specific cabins have AC issues is a concern. I have found that the Allure is a very warm ship and I thought it had to do with the size. I'm the one that has to bring a sweater everywhere because I don't do well in A.C. No need for one on Allure and surprisingly the LOS. Despite keeping the curtains closed in the stateroom during the day it wasn't cold enough for us. The water for washing was also too darn warm throughout the ship.