bring alcohol on MSC Divina

flycasualjohn

Hi All

We are cruising the Divina from the Civitavecchia port in a couple of weeks and was hoping to bring on some wine and brandy.

Any suggestions on how best do hide in luggage and whether you have had any luck with bringing alcohol on.

Cheers!

We had no problem . I had one bottle in luggage . I did not bring it to drink on board it's just was a present from DH friend and we had to take it with us.If you put one bottle I don't think you will have a problem. But it's always a chance they will take it away .

I was given a present of 2 bottles of wine from the women in the cabin next to ours - one from each of their respective countries, so I assume they had brought them onboard with them. We were in YC at the time - I've heard they're not as strict if you're in YC but I've never tested that rumour :rolleyes:

We had two bottles of wine removed from our hand luggage while checking in and returned to us the last evening on board!! But that was in Miami. Maybe in Italy, they will be less strict!

The rule is you are not allowed to bring alcohol aboard?

I have never tried.

Annie

Yes that is the policy. They are not good at enforcing it though.

I don't deliberately flought the policy but I have bought alcohol ashore to take home with me. brought Limoncello onboard in a carrier bag saying limoncello all over it and expected it to be taken off me and given back at the end of the cruise, they didn't bother, just handed it back to me after it had been through the xray. Same when I bought rum in Martinique. It wS obviously rum as the bag had the name of the distillery all over it.

They do seem more vigilant in the Use ports than elsewhere. Trouble is you never know when you're going to get someone who decides to enforce the rules. I'd say the more you try to bring onboard, the more likely they will stop you.

Just remember there is a big difference in who wrote the policy and who has to enforce it.

I've always found it 99% easier to get " policy banned" items onboard after leaving the home port. Also many times the person scanning bags at the gangway during port stops isn't always making sure you stop at the table to turn in your bottles an you can walk right past it. (during busy times of course)

Just don't bring excessive amounts an you shouldn't have a problem.

I've generally always had my alcohol taken away from me in the Caribbean. In the Med? No one cared. I was brining 3-4 bottles back with me and no one even looked.

That being said, I've yet to drink most of it two years later. Lol