Europe itineraries 2017?

JJ823

I'm new here and I'm sorry if I'm not posting this in the correct place. I was wondering, when will the 2017 Mediterranean cruise dates and itineraries be published? Our 25th anniversary is in 2017 (May) and we want to start planning! Neither of us have been to Europe, we'd like to see Italy. Thank you!

As far as Carnival goes, the Vista will be sailing in the Mediterranean in 2016 on the Vista then will do a transatlantic and eventually end up in Miami ( correct me if I'm wrong) so no more cruises on her to the Med. Her sister ship, which has yet to be named will come on in 2018, and will travel the Med for awhile and likely do a transatlantic and then travel the Caribbean or Mexico ( somewhere Carnival is known for) If your eyes are set on Europe for next year, I would suggest Princess or Holland America - still under the same company as Carnival, maybe a bit pricier, but many more options. I have found some great deals with Princess for Europe sometimes cheaper. I say this all the while loving Carnival.

I'm new here and I'm sorry if I'm not posting this in the correct place. I was wondering, when will the 2017 Mediterranean cruise dates and itineraries be published? Our 25th anniversary is in 2017 (May) and we want to start planning! Neither of us have been to Europe, we'd like to see Italy. Thank you!

Think you should plan to do this via another cruise line. Carnival normally only does Europe on new ships.

Think you should plan to do this via another cruise line. Carnival normally only does Europe on new ships.

This is excellent advice. I would take it if I were you. Whatever you decide, have an excellent cruise!

Thank you.. We have been on Princess and Royal Caribbean as well as Carnival- I will check them out. I liked that Carnival had shorter Mediterranean cruises- we can add a few extra days to the beginning and end that way. I'll keep researching.

Carnival hasn't done Europe trips except if it's a new ship. I don't know why and I wish they'd add them back in. we did the Freedom years ago to the Med and Turkey and they did a great job with it.

The reason Carnival is not doing cruises in Europe except when a new ship comes out is because the airfare is often higher than the cruise price and people were not willing to pay it. When we sailed on the Magic in 2011, our price came down a lot and we ended up in a suite with $800 OBC each.

We are not sailing the Vista next year because I don't like their itineraries and mostly short cruises. I want a minimum of 12 nights and longer would be OK. We also want to do more Greece since we have done the W. Med a couple of times now.

Anyway, it's good advice to look at HAL or Princess for a cruise in 2017.

Thank you.. We have been on Princess and Royal Caribbean as well as Carnival- I will check them out. I liked that Carnival had shorter Mediterranean cruises- we can add a few extra days to the beginning and end that way. I'll keep researching.

I did cruise RCL a couple of years ago and they went to

Barcelona, Spain

Marseilles, France

Nice, France

Florence/Pisa, Italy

Rome, Italy

Naples, Italy

Ends back in Barcelona

We spent extra days in Spain, both Barcelona and Madrid. Perhaps they have a different 7 day itinerary that is based more out of Trieste or Venice and that would work for you. Italy is indeed beautiful! Can't wait to see it again in May [emoji1]

Edited by LMW1330