foods not to be missed on the Getaway?

E46M3

Flamingo Grill. Complimentary buffet-style Cuban food on deck 16. Great for embarkation day lunch. I also recommend going up there when they are running breakfast hours and grabbing a 'cheese pastelito' or two.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the prime rib I got complementary at O'Sheehan's.

If you see a cake at the Garden Buffet dessert display called something like 'chocolate shiny glaze cake' grab it, in my experience it was a very good chocolate mousse torte.

Also liked the chicken and sausage gumbo I found at the buffet one lunch. Be sure to hunt around, you should be able to find rice and french bread to go with it, although possibly not adjacent.

"Snacks" area of dinner buffet is nice to make yourself a cheese/cracker/salami plate to take back to your room.

Edited by perditax

I wouldn't necessarily consider any of it "not to be missed". That being said, it was all very good for cruise ship food. It seemed more fresh than I had anticipated, not like it had been prepared way ahead and sat under a warmer, more like they made it to order, even if they didn't. We did not dine at any of the specialties except the Illusionarium. Most on here don't seem to care for their food but we enjoyed it. I agree with above poster about Flamingo, definitely try their potato balls, too. Also agree about O'Sheehan's prime rib, which I normally do not eat, as I always find it too chewy. This was very good and tender. I enjoyed the meat lasagna twice, once in Tropicana and again in Savor. Desserts were nothing to write home about, although the hazelnut something or other on the chocolate dessert night was very yummy! I also was pleased with the freshness and variety at the buffet. Enjoy!

If you are not doing specialty restaurants, then all the food is good!

I loved Flamingo Grill for breakfast. Nothing like having coffee on top deck with a great outside view of the ocean.

My kids loved the buffet. There was something for everyone - better than buffets on land!

Taste, Savor, And Tropicana are all nice. Their menus are the same each night! Tropicanna is huge, so you can always find a table. Music sometimes is too loud - but at least there is some entertainment.

I liked O'Sheans as well! The only thing that I didnt care for was the noodles bar....

If you are not doing specialty restaurants, then all the food is good!

I loved Flamingo Grill for breakfast. Nothing like having coffee on top deck with a great outside view of the ocean.

My kids loved the buffet. There was something for everyone - better than buffets on land!

Taste, Savor, And Tropicana are all nice. Their menus are the same each night! Tropicanna is huge, so you can always find a table. Music sometimes is too loud - but at least there is some entertainment.

I liked O'Sheans as well! The only thing that I didnt care for was the noodles bar....

Good to know that Getaway dining is similar to Breakaway dining - which was great. Yes, I love the Grill area seating - it really is the best place to have coffee and seeing the ocean from all sides (without have to paying a specialty dining charge for eating, lol. :D)

Flamingo Grill is great. Love their fried plantains and Cuban sandwiches.

On sea days, great Lobster Rolls and a couple of other items at the walk up window at Ocean Blue on the Water Front. Lobster Rolls are about $10 and we always saw the ships officers ordering too:D