Looks like we be cruzin!!

Danno

After a great summer of sailing, learning to sail, falling from dinghys :) , racing...it's time to accept the fact that our boat will soon be on "on the hard" and it's once again to focus on cruising...:D

We have taken a option on a 9 day cruise, Century, in Feb...time to get excited about cruising again...:D

For the first time we may have another couple along with us...first time cruisers...this should be interesting.

Danno, it's great to hear we're cruising again, I already have the kidsters packed, we're leaving in October, those little guys are already complaining, I can't breath, I have to go to the bathroom, you can never satisfy these kids, you think they'd just be happy going on a cruise!

Good goin', Danno. February is the absolute best time for frozen northerners to cruise. Taking some first-timers along will no doubt add to the experience. Kris and I just returned from a cruise with our mothers - first time for both of them, but certainly not the last. Even after all the stories, they were still blown away by the trip. Fun to watch...

All the best,

chesterh

After a great summer of sailing, learning to sail, falling from dinghys :) , racing...it's time to accept the fact that our boat will soon be on "on the hard" and it's once again to focus on cruising...:D

We have taken a option on a 9 day cruise, Century, in Feb...time to get excited about cruising again...:D

For the first time we may have another couple along with us...first time cruisers...this should be interesting.

Welcome back!

HEY -- What's this about "on the hard" already? None of us ever got our bridge tour this summer! Planning any dry dock upgrades?

Ditto taking some first timers. Will be interesting to see how they respond. I don't feel like we're jaded or anything, but should be interesting to see what they make of the Galaxy this December... assuming of course that things are still on after Saturday comes and goes in Galveston.

Thanks for all the nice words...Newt and I are touched!!

"on the hard"...out of the water, on the cradle.

In my absence here I have spent a lot of time on a sailing BB...I have so much to learn it's mind boggling and the experise on that board was a tremendous resource.

A few habits that will have to be changed as I move from sailing to cruising...

-No more bringing my own alcohol.

-I must show up for dinner wearing more than shorts and a tee shirt.

-I must remember a tip is a gratutity not something I did in the dinghy (Jill thought it was funny :mad: )

-If my berth is a mess...it will not be a mess later that evening...the cruise ships have people to do this :D !!

-After a summer of docking a 7000lb, 28' sloop (a controlled crash as often as not) I will have a new admiration for the crew that move cruise ships in and out of port so quietly.

-I must learn NOT to move from the dining area, to the pool (lake), to the bar (cockpit) to the gym (foredeck), to our staeroon (v-berth)...wearing no clothes ;) ...

-I must not shower on deck with a bucket

-If the engine stops I MUST now frantically run below to see what went wrong!!

-I DO KNOW that sails are far more reliable than Azipods!!

-When we get to port SOMEONE ELSE pumps out the sewage...thank goodness!!

-that think on my pillow is a chocolate, NOT, a big ugly bug!!

Dan

HEY -- What's this about "on the hard" already? None of us ever got our bridge tour this summer! Planning any dry dock upgrades?

I've been trying to get that tour for 12 years and haven't pulled it off...I thought after 9/11 that was a thing of the past?? However if you would like a bridge tour of a CS27 sloop...I am much more flexible.

This off-season...new traveller, small repair to deck, modify rudder, install two AZIPODS,(got a great deal on these from a retired guy named Jack), install a new head...aside from that, she's perfect.

Northern Ontario...on the hard Oct1..launch in May :( .

-I must learn NOT to move from the dining area, to the pool (lake), to the bar (cockpit) to the gym (foredeck), to our staeroon (v-berth)...wearing no clothes ;) ...

-I must not shower on deck with a bucket

Dan

Why Not. You could get a discount as part of the entertainment.

I MISSED YOU TO!!!!! And thanks :D . In fact I called your name every time I almost rammed another poor, unsuspecting, sailboat..."SHIP AHOY" :eek:

As it stands we expect to be travelling with two first time cruisers...it'll be so fun to watch their big eyes as we pull up to the ship...cruise newbies, gotta love them!!

I will, just as soon as we firm everything up...right now we've taken a 7 day option while our friends decide if they are able to go, and we make sure our vacation time works out...so far everything looks fine.

Hey Danno. I'm glad to see you've broken down and decided to go on another cruise. How is your boat coming along?

Tom and I are going on Horizon for the last sailing. I think you said it was your favorite ship. As sad as it is that she is going I am glad to get the chance to sail on her before she is sold.

Have a great cruise!

In case you have NO idea who I am we met on the Feb. Century cruise. :o

Archived