Patters for the Crown 8/1-8/8 Alaska R/T Seattle Tracy Arm

justaims29

I know some are eager to see the Patters from last week's cruise, so I thought I would go ahead and upload those. I'll be posting a detailed review soon. I apologize for the fact that they're photos and not scans, as well as the highlighting. Next time I'll be sure to photograph them before I mark them up.

And as the limitation on jpeg size here is relatively small, I've uploaded them here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/134717176@N02/132EQv

Thank you so much for posting the patters. I leave next week on the Crown and this is very handy to review beforehand.

Just one question: I see on there that is says the laundry takes US $quarters but I was told on CC that it actually uses tokens (swiping your cruise card). Is the Patter just not updated to reflect this change or was I misinformed? Thanks again!

Hi! You were told correctly here on CC. :) You swipe your cruise card and receive tokens. If I recall correctly, each token is $1.50 (one token per wash load and one token per dry load). You can also purchase detergent and dryer sheets (I think those were $2.00 each for a single use box of detergent or a box of 2 dryer sheets).

Feel free to ask any other questions, I'll answer as best as I can!

Edited by justaims29

Awesome, thank you for the reply. And I noticed that they had the Pub lunch on the sea day and one other day when you were in port. No Pub lunch on the last day in Victoria? Also, if you have the UKP, can you use that to get the speciality coffees in IC or do you HAVE to have a coffee card for that (if you didn't want to pay individually, I mean).

Thank you for answering my questions!

I know some are eager to see the Patters from last week's cruise, so I thought I would go ahead and upload those. I'll be posting a detailed review soon. I apologize for the fact that they're photos and not scans, as well as the highlighting. Next time I'll be sure to photograph them before I mark them up.

And as the limitation on jpeg size here is relatively small, I've uploaded them here:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/134717176@N02/132EQv

Thanks for posting these.

Could you please add them to the Patter thread as well?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2066581&highlight=patters

The Royal and Regal they use the cruise cards that give you tokens. The Ruby (May 2015) still uses quarters.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

Awesome, thank you for the reply. And I noticed that they had the Pub lunch on the sea day and one other day when you were in port. No Pub lunch on the last day in Victoria? Also, if you have the UKP, can you use that to get the speciality coffees in IC or do you HAVE to have a coffee card for that (if you didn't want to pay individually, I mean).

Thank you for answering my questions!

No, no other pub lunches. We aren't coffee drinkers, but I know that the specialty tea I ordered in the IC (mint apple, heavenly!) wasn't included (we had the UKP and loved it).

Thanks for posting these.

Could you please add them to the Patter thread as well?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2066581&highlight=patters

You bet! Sorry, I didn't know there was a Patter thread. Thanks!!

Appreciate the quick response and answers to my questions!

No problem! I would have been completely lost without all of the valuable info here on CC so I'm more than happy to help! If you think of anything else, let me know!

These are a huge help and I thank you.

Can you tell me what the Audrey Hepburn event is? If they can make my neck long like Audrey's I'll be there :)

I was on this cruise as well, it was some sort of tacky Audrey Hepburn branded jewelry.

Thanks for the Patters!

Does anyone know how much a soda is? How about milkshakes? We leave tomorrow and we're still trying to decide if we're going to get a drink package for the kids. :)

Edited by kels2010

Thanks for the Patters!

Does anyone know how much a soda is? How about milkshakes? We leave tomorrow and we're still trying to decide if we're going to get a drink package for the kids. :)

I have heard sodas are $2 and malt shakes are $2.50

I know canned sodas are $2, not sure about fountain drinks or milkshakes. We had the UKP and loved it--I drink a lot of soda, so it was nice not having to keep track of that expense on the ship. The UKP also includes hot chocolate, which you can get in the dining rooms or from the IC. Also, the mocktails are fun--the kids might enjoy a virgin piña colada or strawberry daiquiri. My favorite was the Key West Cooler--watermelon, passion fruit juice, and pineapple juice, topped off with Sprite. It was a great alternative to the regular Coke and Sprite options.

You need to add the 15% gratuity to bring the costs to $2.30 and $2.88 when comparing to the $8.06/day price for the package. If they drink mocktails at $5.75 (with gratuity) then you only need one of those and another drink to break even. Otherwise it is at least three drinks.