Enough time?

Sherry H

[size="3"

I'm sure that any crew scanning them off would not question them when they see the 5 stars.. [/size]

It's not the crew member who scans you off who would be the problem. It's the shoreside person who comes aboard to direct traffic. They don't always understand stars, Neptune Suites, or any other priority disembarkation rules. Very often, they know tags, colors, and numbers.

I wonder if that was the same day we boarded the Regal Princess (Feb 8)? There was a lot of road closures in Ft. Lauderdale (even parts of I595 IIRC). We took early car service to the port and got through OK and it looked like they were starting to close streets off behind us. Others complained of delays getting to the port.

Peter,

That was the one!

Fortunately there was a fleet of vans 'airport only'. Hey, I was asking to go to the airport... not to catch a flight. ;-) But is was a way to get away from the taxi rank. Even if you had to go to the airport to catch another taxi from there to get to a different destination.

I didn't even see the REGAL P. Just a mad scene.

Stephen

I tend to agree that cheating the system is unfair, however the person who did this has priority disembarkation as a 5 star Mariner..

If they requested it, wouldn't HAL have automatically granted it?:confused:

I'm sure that any crew scanning them off would not question them when they see the 5 stars..

It's not the crew member who scans you off who would be the problem. It's the shoreside person who comes aboard to direct traffic. They don't always understand stars, Neptune Suites, or any other priority disembarkation rules. Very often, they know tags, colors, and numbers.

However, The FAQ section about Mariner Benefits in HollandAmerica.com

spells it out that 4 & 5 star Psgrs can choose their disembarkation time:

See question 30 in: http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action#30

30. How does priority disembarkation work?

Qualifying Mariners will be allowed to choose their disembarkation time as part of the normal onboard disembarkation process.

Unquote

Therefore no matter what the Shoreside People say, these Psgrs would have been able to get off any time they wanted to..

The poster confused the issue by saying they cheated the system, but IMO having permission from the Hotel Mgr. is NOT cheating the system.. It is their prerogative as 4 & 5 star Mariners to disembark with those who carried off their own luggage IF they had the proper colored tags & had cleared it with the Front desk in advance.. We actually don't know if they cleared it through the normal disembarkation process..

BTW the info in that URL is quite interesting, as it answers many questions about Mariner benefits..

Edited by serendipity1499