!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

Quick question, Gambee. Did you have to pay for the Gelato or was it complimentary? It sure looked tempting.

Also, your photos of the island were just awesome. Can't believe how beautiful it is. I am not a beach person at all, but I would certainly make an exception for that one.

And those sunset pics. Nothing in the world like photos of sunrises and sunsets on the open ocean. Love it!

I sure will miss this review when it is over, but it is so worth the time reading it and seeing all your amazing pictures. I am seriously considering cruising with Carnival again, from Baltimore, so we don't have to fly. I think I could handle it.

Thanks again for all you do.

Gwen :)

Hello Gwen, always a pleasure.

I am not sure what gelato you're referring to. If it was in my hand it was free. If it was in behind the glass, it was for a charge ;). LoL, I guess that is the simplest way to put it. Thank you for keeping up with me as always. And who knows, you might be ready for Carnival :D

My first time thru a Gambee over-the-top cruise review. Incredible amount of work.

A hint - carry a small container of baby powder for beach days. Just sprinkle it on your feet after leaving the sandy areas and brush it off. Just about all the sand also leaves your feet.

After several dozen cruises the dancing waiters are an annoyance and a major distraction. Especially when food is left on the serving platter to cool off while the asst waiters jump on the platform. Or the ice cream dessert melts.

We were on the Victory around the mid 2000s doing a five day run out of NY. The green lights were too much then and they are still there.

The sunset pictures are spectacular. I think there is nothing quite as beautiful sa s sunset at sea, and you truly captured the beauty in your pictures.

I also enjoyed the pictures of the roof closing over the pool. We have not sailed on a ship that had a roof like that yet. Maybe when I talk DH into an Alaska cruise. :D

Oh, I forgot to mention that I loved your power kite video.

Edited by perfect match

Hello Gwen, always a pleasure.

I am not sure what gelato you're referring to. If it was in my hand it was free. If it was in behind the glass, it was for a charge ;). LoL, I guess that is the simplest way to put it. Thank you for keeping up with me as always. And who knows, you might be ready for Carnival :D

Thanks Gambee, behind the glass answered my question. I would still get some, though. I love Gelato and that looked delicious.

There is one cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore that goes to their private island. Might just get there some day.;)

Thanks Gambee, behind the glass answered my question. I would still get some, though. I love Gelato and that looked delicious.

There is one cruise on the Pride out of Baltimore that goes to their private island. Might just get there some day.;)

That's exactly what we have booked in June 2016!

We wanted a ship with a steakhouse, Alchemy Bar and Serenity deck. The Pride - with our favorite aft wrap cabin available - has all of that and more (Red Frog, Blue Iguana, Guys, etc) had HMC on the itinerary and is driving distance for us.

Was a win...win...WIN! :D

Wow... I can only say thank you so much for this review. I am going on this ship/itinerary next month, and the detailed review is almost like reading spoilers before a movie comes out...

I absolutely hate dressing up, I work from home, so I am only in pants when it's cold outside... I hate having to dress up for formal night, but for so many people it's an important part of their cruise so I just play along....

Earlier you asked about some area on the upper decks, and it looked like they removed something. After the Triumph cruise, carnival added generators to all the ships almost immediately, however, I believe that was a stop gap measure and now as they go through dry docks, instead of big unsightly generators in cargo containers just sitting on the open deck, they are being incorporated into the ship elsewhere....

Thoroughly enjoying your review! I can't wait to get back to HMC one day...so beautiful. And amazing pictures of the sunset!

Very true, we would love to make it to HMC one day. Thank you for posting, glad you're enjoying the review.

on one of my carnival cruises, i dragged the sofa cushion out to the balcony, it was long enough for me to lay on, a great night of sleep!

I was talking to a friend who told me they dragged one mattress on Breakaway. I will have to give it a try someday.

My first time thru a Gambee over-the-top cruise review. Incredible amount of work.

A hint - carry a small container of baby powder for beach days. Just sprinkle it on your feet after leaving the sandy areas and brush it off. Just about all the sand also leaves your feet.

After several dozen cruises the dancing waiters are an annoyance and a major distraction. Especially when food is left on the serving platter to cool off while the asst waiters jump on the platform. Or the ice cream dessert melts.

We were on the Victory around the mid 2000s doing a five day run out of NY. The green lights were too much then and they are still there.

I heard about the baby powder recently, I will give it a try next week.

You know on my Breeze review I stated how I dislike the dancing waiters for quite a few reasons. But this time around my family really got into, so I was not going to be the only one in our group to not see them. It was actually quite entertaining, and we had all our food already, so no issues there.

The sunset pictures are spectacular. I think there is nothing quite as beautiful sa s sunset at sea, and you truly captured the beauty in your pictures.

I also enjoyed the pictures of the roof closing over the pool. We have not sailed on a ship that had a roof like that yet. Maybe when I talk DH into an Alaska cruise. :D

Oh, I forgot to mention that I loved your power kite video.

You know, I actually think this is my first time on a ship with a closing roof. Oh, no, never mind, Divina had one as well. I am not sure if I ever saw it in operation.

Glad you enjoyed the video.

You just might have to try it one day, great little island.

That's exactly what we have booked in June 2016!

We wanted a ship with a steakhouse, Alchemy Bar and Serenity deck. The Pride - with our favorite aft wrap cabin available - has all of that and more (Red Frog, Blue Iguana, Guys, etc) had HMC on the itinerary and is driving distance for us.

Was a win...win...WIN! :D

Sounds like the Pride is loaded with everything I love from Carnival. I've always wanted to try out that class of ships.

This guide is lovely and really represents what the experience is like. Thanks for taking the effort to do all this and sharing it with us. Can't wait for my next journey!

Have a great cruise!

Thank you for following along :)

YAY Gambee! Another review. Holy cow my eyes are blurry after reading this whole review in one sitting. :) Always great to see you and your family having a good time. I'm sure I'm not alone to say I love the reviews even better with your face in them. Will have to share this review with my son, I know he'll think you're cute. :D

Mary

Wow... I can only say thank you so much for this review. I am going on this ship/itinerary next month, and the detailed review is almost like reading spoilers before a movie comes out...

I absolutely hate dressing up, I work from home, so I am only in pants when it's cold outside... I hate having to dress up for formal night, but for so many people it's an important part of their cruise so I just play along....

Earlier you asked about some area on the upper decks, and it looked like they removed something. After the Triumph cruise, carnival added generators to all the ships almost immediately, however, I believe that was a stop gap measure and now as they go through dry docks, instead of big unsightly generators in cargo containers just sitting on the open deck, they are being incorporated into the ship elsewhere....

Thank make complete sense, hopefully they eventually place something productive there. Have a great cruise, hopefully I did not spoil the cruise for you :D

YAY Gambee! Another review. Holy cow my eyes are blurry after reading this whole review in one sitting. :) Always great to see you and your family having a good time. I'm sure I'm not alone to say I love the reviews even better with your face in them. Will have to share this review with my son, I know he'll think you're cute. :D

Mary

Thank you for the kind words Mary, and it is nice to see you here.

There is more coming :)

Gambee! Thanks for another great review. I have been reading a little a day but I just can't keep up, so I'm finally posting to let you know I'm here. Your reviews, your blog, and your social network page are all great resources for good info, as well as a good diversion when I want to think about "the cruising life". Thank you for all the effort you put into these.

I'm back on page 19 and enjoying all the GREENon this boat. Very "retro" 80s/90s and different from what we saw on the Breeze and see on other ships.

Wondering about the piano bar too. Based on the ship's deck plans, it seems like it's located about the same place as "88" is on Breeze. Wonder if they could just take out a couple of walls to open it up. I think the draw for the piano bar on Breeze was that you basically couldn't get to the lounge on that end of the ship (or the steakhouse) without walking past it, so everyone wanted to stop.

This summer sure has a surfeit of riches - reviews by Mitsygirly, GaPearl, Jamman and now Gambee! and Wrigley not too long ago! I 'm in cruising heaven. Your uncle cracks me up! Happy to "see" you as well, and dude, you are looking marvelous!
Can someone point me to the Mitsygirly review? I found the other two. I tried searching the user name and can't find it.

Gambee, what is the water temperature like for the pools. On my cruise (Carnival Dream) last October, I went to get into one of the pools (on a very hot day), and the water was freezing cold. It was so cold that once in the water, I immediately got out. Do you know if it's normal for the Carnival pools to be freezing cold? Just wondering!