!!! Carnival Victory !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!!!

gambee

We had a can of coke with us, the only reason our server saw it was because my mom was searching in her purse for my phone. He kindly told us that he would bring us ice for that Coke. It wasn’t our intention to do that, I was going to order a coke for myself. A very nice gesture of him. Later on I ended up ordering another coke anyway.

Free Wifi, the code is there on a sign for everyone to use. Mom was in FULL FORCE! She had been without internet for over 3 hours :D. That is an eternity for her! Then again look who is talking :rolleyes:

untitled-1700_zpsuq3hfmm1.jpg

My uncle ordered a local beer as per his suggestion. We still had that big bottle of water that I had bought earlier, although by then it was jacuzzi temperature.

untitled-1701_zpswnu9vuz7.jpg

And got herself a Pina Colada. Very tasty!

untitled-1702_zpsiy2fe3m4.jpg

We relaxed there for a little while, and then some of the food started coming out.

First out were my uncles fried shrimp, the order was a bit small, but very tasty.

untitled-1704_zpsxel5vfyw.jpg

My conch fritters, were for odd reason very mushy. I think that they were not fully cooked. Either that or the batter was not the best. My uncle said they were too spicy for him.

untitled-1703_zpsohtbuqj8.jpg

This was the winner, cracked conch was DIVINE!!! This is the dish to get there! Plus it was huge! I ended up sharing half of it with my mom and uncle. He loved it, I think it was the first time he tried it. I was beyond full by the time we finished it.

untitled-1705_zpshypodzxf.jpg

My mom got french fries :confused:, I thought she was going to get the grouper. Ironically, our server forgot the fries, LoL. They came later on after we reminded him about them.

untitled-1706_zpswt5ptdk5.jpg

Edited by gambee

Overall the food was good, no major complaints. The ambience was also nice and comfortable, although we could have sat a little further away from the main speakers.

untitled-1708_zpsimbhlgyc.jpg

At some point I decided to go cool down for a little.

Yes, that is sunscreen :D. Can you tell that I fear the sun. The truth is that both my uncle and I had burned our back in Half Moon Cay. We did put a bunch of sunscreen the day before, but I guess we only did it once. Big mistake, both our backs were burning that day. I should have gone in the ocean with my shirt on, but I only had one and I did not feel like getting it wet.

No worries, I still have some on my face, just not a thick layer of it.

untitled-2468_zps2ij0oeic.jpg

The speed boat getting refueled. I can only imagine the fuel consumption of that animal! Must be great for the environment ;-)

untitled-2470_zpsyg5kytng.jpg

I only saw a few of the silver/white fish. But the water was a godsend!

untitled-2471_zpswiyj3ho3.jpg

untitled-2473_zpsdp939v0m.jpg

Edited by gambee

We enjoyed our stay there very much. I am not entirely sure why we decided to leave so fast. I think mom and uncle wanted some A/C, but I could be wrong. My uncle also went in the water for a few minutes. Our bill came out to $50, we gave an extra $10. Not bad, I think the conch was well worth it! The drink actually had a good amount of booze in it as well.

We started walking back the main port area.

untitled-1709_zpsft5rcroa.jpg

Those look like a lot of fun, I wonder what the cost is.

untitled-1710_zpsdlsbqanr.jpg

untitled-1711_zpsaunebxki.jpg

You will most likely get much better prices around here than in the stores at the port.

untitled-1712_zpsphuyngse.jpg

All the horses for rides. Poor animals, I sure hope they get plenty of water to drink.

untitled-1713_zpscdlnsjwa.jpg

untitled-1714_zpsjgr5gskc.jpg

The seaweed accumulating again. What a shame.

untitled-1715_zps4ysrghbm.jpg

untitled-1716_zpsrd75ghjl.jpg

The Fantasy was blowing her horns and she was getting ready to leave. A lot of people had already picked their place for the departure.

untitled-1717_zpswh5fzjiw.jpg

untitled-1718_zpsckgsurwn.jpg

untitled-1719_zpsl3qrzvae.jpg

And there she goes.

untitled-1720_zpsz3ijpxxn.jpg

untitled-1721_zpsrzgidlmn.jpg

untitled-1722_zpsm3zapqpr.jpg

untitled-1723_zpsjpxecnkz.jpg

We stopped here for a second, my uncle needed to change the batteries of his camera. I have to get him an external charger, he keeps running out of battery because she only charges at night.

untitled-1724_zpsrvjzetem.jpg

There are a few vendors that are allowed to advertise inside the premises, but most are kept out of that area. I wonder how that works.

untitled-1725_zpsid6brrlj.jpg

untitled-1732_zps1die2bw4.jpg

untitled-1733_zpsqkswre1l.jpg

After washing our feet, we followed mom. She wanted to purchase a couple of shirts. She likes the Indian/hippie style shirts, I hope I am insulting anyone. But I just don't know how else to explain them. They go back to when she was a teenager, and they actually look really great on her now =)

untitled-1734_zpssnm2jsg9.jpg

untitled-1735_zpspyqitzrd.jpg

untitled-1736_zpsu3rmb4o4.jpg

There are a bunch of stores there.

untitled-1737_zpsmv2ivy2v.jpg

By the way last night I installed windows 10 on my mom's 6 year old computer and it is running much better than it did before. I thought it was going to crash, but since it met the requirements I decided to go ahead with it. She is much happier with it now, it was almost useless before.

untitled-1738_zpshcovhhux.jpg

People coming back from their shore excursions.

untitled-1739_zpsywcdtutb.jpg

There is mom going into the store to get her stuff.

untitled-1740_zpsmivj8yl7.jpg

We told her to wait for there after she was done shopping. We wanted to go check out the NASA exhibition.

untitled-1741_zpsztzhqqa8.jpg

Another store with some nice merchandise.

untitled-1742_zps6x2w5h4l.jpg

untitled-1743_zpsekoiw3vt.jpg

untitled-1744_zpsxq4bjxsc.jpg

untitled-1745_zpszbcome33.jpg

untitled-1746_zpsh6jzvmtr.jpg

Here is a some text I found about this exhibit. “a unique exhibit commemorating the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's (NASA) Mercury space program and the historic 1962 splashdown of the Friendship 7 capsule off the coast of Grand Turk.”

It is a small area with some Space related artifacts. I took a few pictures of the area. And some of my uncle posing, unfortunately all with his camera.

untitled-1747_zps65fox03v.jpg

untitled-1748_zpsnsn5zvrb.jpg

untitled-1749_zpsnhsurkue.jpg

Dear Lord, it was soooooo Hot that day! Then again, this entire summer has been horrible here in South Florida, currently at 92 degrees, and I actually consider that cool. Hopefully it will not climb more today.

untitled-1750_zpsuycphi3q.jpg

untitled-1751_zpsi66gddgy.jpg

untitled-1752_zpsfnu9v9dr.jpg

untitled-1754_zpsr6du5pb2.jpg

untitled-1755_zpsjsvl1edb.jpg

My uncle getting a selfie, LoL. I told him I would get the picture for him.

untitled-1756_zpsgqtfwmxy.jpg

We actually headed back to the ship with about 1:30 to spare, not bad. I was thinking about staying and going snorkeling. But as I looked around all I saw was seaweed around those waters, and I had little intensions of venturing far away with the little time to spare.

Back on the ship we cooled down in the room a little.

untitled-1765_zpscryj7nhd.jpg

untitled-1766_zpsk23yhopk.jpg

untitled-1770_zps0hrwfcie.jpg

Chakuna: Is the wreck you're talking for snorkeling? If so I will keep that in mind for next time. Thank you =)

untitled-1771_zpsd62w010c.jpg

untitled-1772_zpsxhr2vg3w.jpg

untitled-1773_zpsn1tyvjt8.jpg

It was getting closer to “all aboard”.

untitled-1774_zpsdai29b4p.jpg

Yes, those are my undies. Mom hates it when I walk around like that, but I think it was only my uncle and I in the room then. Or maybe I was by myself? Who knows, it is hard to keep track of 5 people :D

untitled-1775_zpsxxkdyyt3.jpg

And there we go! Until next time Grand Turk!

untitled-1776_zpspc4xzq7q.jpg

All the boats at anchor, ready for the next set of cruisers.

untitled-1777_zpsxpizucdp.jpg

Oppppps, I guess they were all there :D

untitled-1785_zpsjitm60op.jpg

untitled-1786_zpsvky47eiu.jpg

We headed up to the jacuzzi to for a little while.

I was wearing mom’s hat, not sure where mine was :D. Looking good, LoL.

untitled-2474_zpseuepc2vt.jpg

The guy there asked me a few questions about the GoPro.

untitled-2475_zpsrfxjelvy.jpg

Sailing away!

untitled-2479_zpsyppvvt8e.jpg

Everyone was a bit tired by then. My aunt was worried because the ship had already started moving a little. The next day was going to be her first full day at sea, she was not thrilled about that. Luckily for her we were sailing with the wind, so the movement was minimized.

untitled-2480_zps42taytzg.jpg

untitled-2482_zpsgseakdoz.jpg

The area was pretty full. I think as the cruise went on it became more popular.

untitled-2483_zpsxtfynigc.jpg

The pool was a bit crowded.

untitled-2485_zpsufh8kfnp.jpg

And back in the water. I really love that camera!

untitled-2491_zps0f4jovsq.jpg

Edited by gambee

We went back to the room after a few hours.

untitled-1789_zps5rbb1ukl.jpg

Everyone got dressed and ready for a night out in the town. But this time we had to make sure that we were dressed up to the code. Because I had no plans of getting kicked out of the MDR again.

So here is the group ready for that night :D

untitled-1802_zpsjtj06mjm.jpg

My uncle was a classy pirate, and I am not sure what the girls were dressed like.

untitled-1801_zpsxv3v9qff.jpg

I decided to change the lens to the fisheye lens on the A6000 camera. I had still to get some super wide angle pictures of the Victory.

My closet was increasing in size :D. I don't care what anyone says, this is as convenient as life gets! LoL

untitled-1790_zpskigphtk2.jpg

That lens is capable of some incredible results! Enjoy =)

untitled-1798_zpstx8sbs9a.jpg

untitled-1799_zpsygpt0fvn.jpg

So we went out for a little walk.

untitled-1804_zpspnav8wuk.jpg

As much as I try to justify the colors around the ship, I just can’t. It is just too busy for my personal taste.

untitled-1805_zps7qzh6mw9.jpg

Sending the group pic to the family chat =)

untitled-1806_zps8gp0z0wr.jpg

untitled-1808_zpsigm7xmtd.jpg

Edited by gambee

At some point my mom had noticed that she had stolen two of the shirts :D. I am not entirely sure how this happened. I think that she had them in her hands and started chatting on my phone with the family and she just took off with them. I always knew there was something about her that she had failed to tell me, she is a kleptomaniac! :D

By the time she figured what she had done, they both started cracking up. I simply :rolleyes:. I think the other two were already two decks below us.

Dear Lord.... Can you imagine if she got caught? :eek:, first the Eastern European Lady and now this. They would most likely put us on a raft and send us adrift :p

untitled-1827_zpsjhvhu1kj.jpg