Rental car for post cruise stay in Rincon, return airport

jled

I will be on the Celebrity Summit arriving on October 24 into the San Juan Pier. I have searched these boards and made some phone calls..I am trying to figure out which rental car company is reputable and quick and will pick up at the Pier ( free shuttle) and that I can drop off at the airport two days later ( Oct 26) or tax a very reasonable taxi... We are only two adults and will only have two pieces of luggage. I have plans to spend two days following the cruise in Rincon. The drop off fee when I checked on Avis to return to a different place was $ 50!!! That seemed kind of crazy..I don't remember a cab to the aiport costing that much a few years ago when I did this cruise and took a taxi to the airport to fly home... Thanks in advance for the info

The Summit docks at the Pan-American pier on the far side of the bay. There is a car rental location (starts with H) at the Sheraton in Old San Juan in front of the main docks. I did a mock booking for you using the info you provided and picking up at the hotel and dropping off at the airport you'd be looking at around $125 total with insurance. Used Expedia and opted for their insurance instead of the rental company's. If you're traveling to Rincon, make sure you stop by Cueva Ventana (window cave) on the way there. Take the exit to highway 10 Sur/South and look for a Puma gas station on your left about 7 minutes in. The entrance is to the right of the station. Also the Arecibo observatory is close by, you might as well stop by as well. Both are easily located using Google maps or any GPS.

• 3 weeks later...
I will be on the Celebrity Summit arriving on October 24 into the San Juan Pier. I have searched these boards and made some phone calls..I am trying to figure out which rental car company is reputable and quick and will pick up at the Pier ( free shuttle) and that I can drop off at the airport two days later ( Oct 26) or tax a very reasonable taxi... We are only two adults and will only have two pieces of luggage. I have plans to spend two days following the cruise in Rincon. The drop off fee when I checked on Avis to return to a different place was $ 50!!! That seemed kind of crazy..I don't remember a cab to the aiport costing that much a few years ago when I did this cruise and took a taxi to the airport to fly home... Thanks in advance for the info

We are on the same cruise and doing the same thing. Managed to get a mid size car from Dollar for $26 plus $10 fees for a total of $36 both days included. Figured with that price we'd bite the bullet and just take a cab to the airport and pick up so we can return to the airport.

Leilani