Majesty on the move

MrsMugs

Well it looks like the Majesty is on the move again. I haven't checked the weather report on Bermuda. Is there a storm coming in and thats the reason for her to move to Dockyard? I hope these darn storms stop real soon, cause we are sailing on the Majesty to Bermuda on Oct. 16th. Storms, Storms, go away:)

I think the Majesty is in Hamilton, I wonder why?

Perhaps because Philippe is passing to the southeast of Bermuda and there was concern the winds might be such that it would be unsafe to leave Bermuda through the St. George cut at noon today. [Today's weather.com report says "scattered showers/wind."]

At least they got to Hamilton. Cruised the 9/4/05 Majesty to Bermuda. We had what amounted to 1-1/2 days to sightsee, first in St. George and then the next morning over to the Dockyard. Stayed there till 6 PM that night and then just went out to sea and "drifted." Tropical Storm Nate was on the horizon. The ship cannot get out of the cut in St. George if any wind picks up.

Hotspur. Down the mescaline day or two before you leave. Hope you have a great trip and not an adventure.

Hey, Vin, I hope you mean meclizine, not mescaline! I don't want the trip to be that rough.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll let you know how the old ship is doing when I get back.

Just off the 9/18 Majesty...review to follow, had a great time on our first NCL cruise.

We left St. George on Thursday at 5PM to set sail to Hamilton due to the high winds in St. George. We got to explore Hamilton on Friday AM and left from there at Noon. The two days back were quite rough!

More to come, but I have laundry to do.

-Rich

I think you are right about it being the Enchantment. According to Massport's website the following ships are in Boston today:

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Cruise Lines 09/25 1 Day Port of Call

Enchantment of the Seas

Royal Caribbean 09/25 7 Days Turnaround/Canada

Norwegian Majesty

Norwegian Cruise Line 09/25 7 Days Bermuda

Seven Seas Navigator

Radisson Cruises 09/25 1 Day Port of Call

Just off. we did move to hamilton Thursday at 5. It was very windy. The forecast for our week in Bermuda called for clouds and rain showers. We had good weather the whole week until going back. it was very windy and somewhat rough friday afternoon. However it was still sunny. It was calmer at night and then rough again yesterday until late afternoon when it calmed down.

We had a great cruise, great staff and excellent food along with service. The rough seas did not bother us nor did it stop any activities except no pool band yesterday on deck 10.

The ship behind us today was the Enchantment of the Seas.

Archived