Early Saver Dining

weliketocruise86

it was very popular, lots asking but no spaces left, I don't see why it's not all freedom??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because some of us want to be able to go in to dinner without having to queue! And we actually like having the same table companions for the duration, rather than every single night going through the same initial conversation......:rolleyes:

We all have different preferences....allow us to have them...

Because some of us want to be able to go in to dinner without having to queue! And we actually like having the same table companions for the duration, rather than every single night going through the same initial conversation......:rolleyes:

My view entirely ! :-)

Point taken[emoji106], but we never had to queue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has their own preference. Early Savers do have to accept that Select Fare passengers have priority but to respond to the OP's original question of what others thought the chances are that their choice of Freedom is likely to be met - I suppose none of us can say. I suspect it depends a little on the passenger demographic as I think perhaps a UK sailing with possibly an older passenger profile may have a greater number of people requesting Club than say a Caribbean cruise during school holidays with more families on board who may prefer the flexibility of Freedom. (This may not be the case but I guess we could all imagine that the proportions may be different cruise to cruise for a variety of reasons).

I was surprised that as Early Savers we were allocated our preference for Freedom on the Azura earlier in the year when only one dining room out of three was Freedom. (Now two out of three.) On the Oceana with approximately equal Club to Freedom I would think your chances might be better than ours but who knows?

How do they allocate preferences for Early Savers? Clearly after Select but what then? What are the criteria/priorities: date booked, alphabetical order of surname, price paid, category of cabin, book through P&O v T. A., completely random? Has anyone any idea?

Everyone has their own preference. Early Savers do have to accept that Select Fare passengers have priority but to respond to the OP's original question of what others thought the chances are that their choice of Freedom is likely to be met - I suppose none of us can say. I suspect it depends a little on the passenger demographic as I think perhaps a UK sailing with possibly an older passenger profile may have a greater number of people requesting Club than say a Caribbean cruise during school holidays with more families on board who may prefer the flexibility of Freedom. (This may not be the case but I guess we could all imagine that the proportions may be different cruise to cruise for a variety of reasons).

I was surprised that as Early Savers we were allocated our preference for Freedom on the Azura earlier in the year when only one dining room out of three was Freedom. (Now two out of three.) On the Oceana with approximately equal Club to Freedom I would think your chances might be better than ours but who knows?

How do they allocate preferences for Early Savers? Clearly after Select but what then? What are the criteria/priorities: date booked, alphabetical order of surname, price paid, category of cabin, book through P&O v T. A., completely random? Has anyone any idea?

Loyalty could be a factor

Think of all the logical things they could use and exclude them and what you are left with will be the likely answer. Seriously,I would guess it is probably by date booked.

Edited by bee-ess

It's definitely allocated according to the date of booking. Someone we got chatting to had hoped to swop dining but couldn't as he'd booked very late and was told by the restaurant manager that it was allocated by date booked.

I would say on booking any kind of saver rate it would come down to date booked?

I would be a bit miffed if someone was put ahead of me just because they had cruised more nights..!

IMO loyalty should only kick in if Select price is booked...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say on booking any kind of saver rate it would come down to date booked?

I would be a bit miffed if someone was put ahead of me just because they had cruised more nights..!

IMO loyalty should only kick in if Select price is booked...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you arrive at that logic ?