Returned from Regal last week

Angelika

The Hawaii cruise was wonderful,although weather and seas were not so desirable we still had a wonderful time.When you think of Hawaii and the Pacific you think of sunshine and calm seas,we were wrong on both.The Islands are beautyful,they each come with there own beauty,can not wait to go back.Maui and Kauai were my favorites.As far as the ship,it is old but still holds some of its elegence.Sea days also were great,we never got board there are plenty of things to do to keep you busy you just need to read your daily activity sheet.Food,it goes like this,some was great and some was not so great,but overall good because we did gain weight so we must have eaten A LOT.Desserts very good.Pizza place great and quiet if you need to get away.The evening shows were good.Staff no complaints,only had problem with two,but that is minor compaired to the other service that we received.Persers desk wonderful,I had made a great mistake and thought we were coming back Sunday morning,had my flights booked for Monday early Morning-wrong,boy it took some rearranging to get everything straightend out,they were so helpful,they receive a big gold star.I have so much more to tell,but dont want go on,so if anyone has questions I be more then happy to answere. Angela

Celebration 1997

Destiny 1998

Norwegian Wind 1998

Paradise 1999

Triumph 2000

Golden Princess 2001

Carnival Pride 2002

Disney Magic 2003

Regal Princess 2004

Angela,

So glad you had a good time. We leave next Tuesday -- it's coming up so fast!

You mention the weather -- what was it like for the crossings? What were your favorite activities during the day? Would you recommend bringing sweaters or something for an extra layer of warmth? Were you able to go outside during the sea days? What would you have packed that you didn't?

I just checked the weather for San Pedro for next Monday (when I arrive) and it's going to be mid-60s and raining. I guess that beats 39-degrees and raining, which is what we have going on right now.

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03.

-- Regal Princess (4/20/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0099&cdt=2004;4;20;12;0;00&timezone=GMT+1600

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2004;12;26;12;0;00&timezone=GMT+1600

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05)

Pam

Well the Seas were moderate with swells every day,the first day was the worsed for us until we got used to it,although we did not get sick,only took Dramamine that first night.First two days were cold at sea,temp was only low to mid 60's,and very cloudy with periods of rain,then it started to warm a little.Yes we laid out on the back deck by the two Hot Tubs,so we spend a lot of time in there,you got so hot that the air felt actually great.

Packing,I had wished I had packed more warmer clothing like a sweat suite,I had seen many people wear them during days at sea.When you reach the Islands it gets warmer,although it rained on just about every Island except Honolulu,Hilo being the worsed.

AS far as activities are concerned,we went to the movies alot,great movies,learned how to Line dance (great for young and old,Shelby the instructor wonderful,lots of energy),classes on Ballroom dancing.There were craft projects daily,they even had a needlepoint project going,ceramic painting,Gambling,Bingo,they offerd different clinics such as "When should I get a Laywer",there was the Gym,Spa,Golf putting,daily trivia (great),shopping (daily specials at the gift shops),and of course resting/relaxing and socializing with all the new friends you made.Read your daily activity sheet,there are many things to do,we were never bord.So have lots of fun and enjoy your cruise,we certainly did. Angela

P.S. If you need anymore information I will be more then happy to answere them

Celebration 1997

Destiny 1998

Norwegian Wind 1998

Paradise 1999

Triumph 2000

Golden Princess 2001

Carnival Pride 2002

Disney Magic 2003

Regal Princess 2004

Thanks, Angela... the craft projects sound like fun and the clinics interesting.

I think I'll pack a few warmer clothes or at least layers. Thanks!

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03.

-- Regal Princess (4/20/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0099&cdt=2004;4;20;12;0;00&timezone=GMT+1600

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2004;12;26;12;0;00&timezone=GMT+1600

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05)

Angela,

Glad you had a good time!

Which cabin were you in and how was the cabin?

There were a few posts lately re: noisy Regal cabins (poping, squeaking, etc.), so people had trouble sleeping. How was your experience?

Have you used the spa? If so, what's your opinion?

Any info about the kids club?

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Archived