gifts and internet time

sunsetme

Nope, not with NCL. The official rates are pretty much across the fleet, difference might be whether it's MB-based or unlimited daily plans vs. older by-the-minutes plan (on ships with previous gen. hardware, i.e. not rewired for iConicerge or switched to wireless routers)

If you have Gold & Plantinum status, there used to be a generous discount (silver & even bronze level too - checked the "benefits" tier under Platinum) especially when buying onboard on day 1, and extra time/minutes are added by ship's internet "manager"

I would wait until embarkation & check the Welcome Abroad packets & flyers in the stateroom, or even stroll by the internet during posted hours with staff, and, ask ... online website via the dot com won't help at all.

Disclaimer, IMO - YMMV & these terms & conditions, subject to change with and often without notices, written or posted, etc. etc. :D

Edited by mking8288

The official rates are pretty much across the fleet, difference might be whether it's MB-based or unlimited daily plans vs. older by-the-minutes plan (on ships with previous gen. hardware, i.e. not rewired for iConicerge or switched to wireless routers)

Newer hardware or iConcierge has nothing to do with it - capacity based billing is only being tested on Breakaway (not even on newer Getaway) and many older ships have also already gotten technical upgrades on drydocks for iConcierge.

There is no technical reason why they couldn't use it fleetwide immediately (it's only computer software, routers have nothing to do with billing) if they wanted, but apparently they can still squeeze more money out of people with time based billing since the testing on Breakaway has been going on for so long.

DCL has capacity based billing and I hated it. My email automatically downloaded on my cell phone and that counted against my usage. I had to disable all of the "automatic" download app and it's hard to keep up with the settings I have for each app. It was a pain in the you know what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk