Entertainment QM2

resistk

When we did our crossings this July we noticed the singers and dancers seemed to be somewhat off. We asked the cruise director, the Ukrainian and Russian dominated dancers have been replaced by an English group. I have to say this new bunch can neither dance nor sing very well. Did anyone else notice performances of Viva Italia and Apassionata seemed sub par?

Could it be a manner of the performers just coming together and learning the performances for the first time?

It has been my understanding that this happens when they board--kind of a practice as they go. Not easy, I imagine, for any performer!

We have seen some stellar shows on Cunard ships and some not-so-good performances. I remember a Russian group in 2009 whose dancing was fantastic, but whose singing left a lot to be desired…

Thanks for sharing your opinion. It is always good to learn what is going on aboard the QM2.

I wouldn't say they were "some what off" but I agree they are not what we've been use to. Those Russian/Ukrainian Guys and Galls have been dancing probably before they could even walk, it's in their blood, especially the boys, dance for them is a kind of sport that they have grown up with, unlike here in the west.

The company was formed by Belinda King productions, but sadly they have move on. If you want to catch up with them they are now on HAL & Seabourn :(