Excursion / Immigration timing

flapjack62

Hi there, we are due to disembark at Barbados with a return flight to the UK 17:00hrs.

There is a 3 hour excursion to snorkel with turtles, showing a departure time of 08:00hrs that same morning, we would love to do this if possible, if we return to the ship around 11:00hrs then it is entirely workable on our current schedule.

My question is, what sort of time do the Immigration officers board the ship to process our entry? Am I right to make the assumption that if the excursion departs 08:00hrs, there must be sufficient time allowed for us to get our passports stamped first, right? (Or am I wildly off the mark here?).

Anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

Many thanks.

I decided to ring P&O this morning for some guidance. We are due to dock at 06:30hrs and Immigration Officers will board shortly afterwards. We would need to make sure we are processed by them in time to get the Tour at 08:00hrs.

However, P&O are unable to tell me what time we need to disembark to get the coach for our 17:00hrs flight to the UK, only that we need to be at the airport approx. 3hrs before departure time.

The cruise consultant I spoke to agreed that in terms of timing, the whole trip looks 'do-able' but also said that the company would never recommend taking an excursion on the same day as the return flight, due to any unforeseen delays that may occur. (This is in spite of the fact they are running 2 specific tours aimed at cruisers due to return to the UK that day, one of which leaves the ship just half an hour after we would be due to return to the ship from the tour we would like to book!).

So basically, it's at our own risk. I am now totally unsure what to do and wonder if we might be better waiting until we are able to speak to on-board tour reps who may be able to give us a better idea of the time our coach is likely to leave for the airport; we can then make more of an informed decision IF the tour has not sold out beforehand, of course!

Not sure what else we can do? :confused: