Caribbean in Feb & a B2B NCL worth it?

Robb471

We are booked in the Getaway in Fed 2016. We are entertaining booking the Escape for the week prior also. We've never been that way that time of year. The Caribbean and Bahamas have good weather that time of year? This will be our first experience with NCL and are pretty excited.

Absolutely go for it. We only do B2B being from Canada and plus the cost of flights.

There is something to be said about watching people leave.

If you do do it make sure you book the same cabin so that you don't have to move.

The weather will be probably around 95% in your favor.

We are booked in the Getaway in Fed 2016. We are entertaining booking the Escape for the week prior also. We've never been that way that time of year. The Caribbean and Bahamas have good weather that time of year? This will be our first experience with NCL and are pretty excited.

We always cruise in Feb and it's always gorgeous! Sunny with a high of 74-80 degrees and water is perfect!

I would definitely do the B2B, but I would make sure they are different itineraries - maybe do the Western on Getaway and then do the Eastern on Getaway -

We did that last year the end of Jaunary and the first two weeks in February aboard the Getaway followed by the Epic. I was the perfect two week cruise. Warm, calm seas and plenty of daytime sun. We enjoyed it so much, we're aboard the Escape on January 30th, followed by week on the Getaway. Can't wait to board the Escape.;)

We would do the Escape first Sat-Sat then the Getaway Sun-Sun. Two different itineraries.

Yes, go for it - the weather in the Caribbean for Winter time is like warm 70-80's. I'm doing a similar trip like you except in Nov next year for 3 weeks - Enjoy the trip, its going to be awesome!:D

So I'm in. Will book this week. I hope I won't be to disappointed in the Getaway after the Escape. We are normally Princess Cruisers. Tried RC last year and weren't impressed. The more I look at NCL the more excited I get. Looks like a great combination of what we like from other lines. Plus our 15&12yr old boys will have a blast I think.

We are doing back to back in January as we are coming from the UK the flight is a big chunk of the price. The weather at home in January is miserable!

I'll give you miserable. It cannot be any worse than this. This was a common site in January, February and March around here this year. I'll take your miserable for ours any day of the week.

image.jpg

Edited by nbsjcruiser

I know that most do frown on the nay sayers like me. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Bahamas in the winter. Go to the carribean where it is always warm.

The Bahamas in winter can be a bit cooler than the Caribbean for sure but their average temperature never dips below about 22C (72F) during the winter months which for anyone coming from a Northern hemisphere is very nice indeed. Having said that, my preference is an Eastern Caribbean cruise where it will be a bit warmer - St Maarten, St Thomas, San Juan etc. These days however, many cruise lines include Nassau even in an Eastern itinerary or a private island which in many cases is in the Bahamas. Nassau is fun the first few times you go there but so many cruises stop there now that its a bit old hat for me. But for newer cruisers, I wouldn't worry about a stop in Nassau or the Bahamas in February. Good chance you'll get a very nice day to enjoy a comfortable walk about or a day on the beach.

I'll give you miserable. It cannot be any worse than this. This was a common site in January, February and March around here this year. I'll take your miserable for ours any day of the week.

image.jpg

Ok we only have rain, grey and the occasional snow! This looks more like Sweden where the OH is from.

Ok we only have rain, grey and the occasional snow! This looks more like Sweden where the OH is from.

Last year I think we MADE snow on the Eastern seaboard and exported it to the rest of the world :). We had so much snow that they ran out of places to put it and ended up with a gigantic pile of the damn stuff down by the waterfront. It wasn't 100% melted until early July which is insane for our location. We are near the water and get more rain than anything most winters.

I was originally from Michigan and I used to go on vacation when it was cold like Dec - Feb. All over Mexico the Caribbean and Florida it was great. Now I have been in Florida for over 10 years we love that time of year because it is a lot cooler so I could not go on a cruise at that time to us it is a little cold to go to the island beaches. But on the ship it should be great.

I did the Easter Caribbean on the GEM back in 2009 (2/28 - 3/6) and it was unseasonably cold... It was actually warmer in Orlando than it was in the Bahamas. 67 in Orlando, 64 in Nassau... it was too cold to use our balconies, too cold for snorkeling (they cancelled the excursion)... There was a day or so where it was warm enough on the ship to use the pool but I would never risk a February cruise again. It could have been a freak incident, I'm only basing this on my one and only cruise.

-Keith

I did the Easter Caribbean on the GEM back in 2009 (2/28 - 3/6) and it was unseasonably cold... It was actually warmer in Orlando than it was in the Bahamas. 67 in Orlando, 64 in Nassau... it was too cold to use our balconies, too cold for snorkeling (they cancelled the excursion)... There was a day or so where it was warm enough on the ship to use the pool but I would never risk a February cruise again. It could have been a freak incident, I'm only basing this on my one and only cruise.

-Keith

Bahamas is not in the Caribbean - Nassau is not much south of Orlando. The Caribbean is reliably warm all winter - St. Thomas, for example, is about as far north as you can be and still be in The Caribbean.