Carnival Magic Balcony Cabin

brandid82

We are looking into booking a B2B on the Carnival Magic for the end of November and midway through December. We found a group to join that will give us $100 OBC and a $50 booking discount, so I'm trying to hurry and decide on a room. We have 8400 on a 24 hour hold with a booking agent. Any thoughts on this room? We will be cruising as a family of 4, with our sons being 9 and 6. The room says it has the two twins, that convert to a queen and a sofa bed with upper pullman. Is the pullman above the sofa bed or above the queen bed?

Thanks in advance!

IMHO it is a great location. You have staterooms above and below you and are not too far from the elevator/stairs but far enough to miss some of the passenger noise.

The sofa beds on the Magic are comfortable and your kids should do fine. The Pullman is directly above, parallel to the sofa. Think bunk beds. My GS was 9 when he first slept in one. He is/was a child that moves around in his sleep and he had no issues. The rail was more than adequate to secure him.

Since you are looking at a B2B, were you able to get the same room for both legs?

IMHO it is a great location. You have staterooms above and below you and are not too far from the elevator/stairs but far enough to miss some of the passenger noise.

The sofa beds on the Magic are comfortable and your kids should do fine. The Pullman is directly above, parallel to the sofa. Think bunk beds. My GS was 9 when he first slept in one. He is/was a child that moves around in his sleep and he had no issues. The rail was more than adequate to secure him.

Since you are looking at a B2B, were you able to get the same room for both legs?

Thanks for the info. Yes, we are getting the same room for both legs. I wouldn't want to have to switch rooms mid-trip. :)

I just got off the August 16 to 23 Magic cruise. We had balcony cabin 6258, set up for 2 adults and 2 kids, 4 and 6. The sofa bed had the hardest mattress I have ever had the misfortune to sleep upon. My niece, who was the other adult, tried it one night and said it was so hard it made her hips and back hurt. Same for the pullman bunk just above, I think I have slept on softer dirt floors while camping. The kids didn't mind, I guess we adults are too old and creaky. But I don't go cruising to sleep so I had a good time.

I just got off the August 16 to 23 Magic cruise. We had balcony cabin 6258, set up for 2 adults and 2 kids, 4 and 6. The sofa bed had the hardest mattress I have ever had the misfortune to sleep upon. My niece, who was the other adult, tried it one night and said it was so hard it made her hips and back hurt. Same for the pullman bunk just above, I think I have slept on softer dirt floors while camping. The kids didn't mind, I guess we adults are too old and creaky. But I don't go cruising to sleep so I had a good time.

Thanks for the tips! I doubt the kids we'll mind. We'll see. Do you have any other tips for cruising with kids? In the dining room, do they have to order off of the Children Menu or can they order off of the regular menu?

That's the nice thing about the new American table menu - you can order anything and everything separate. So my son had the chicken soup off the kids menu and a baked potato and steamed broccoli off the regular adult sides plus the chocolate melting cake with 2 scoops of ice cream. He didn't care for the hamburger/hot dog/chicken nuggets options of the kids menu or the Carnival sundae. My 4 year old niece liked those options.

He loved the kids club, as did my niece. They would ask to go back especially for dinner as they get wiggly waiting for food. You can also in a pinch take your main dish to go - one time my son felt sick so the waiter brought me a cover.

Try the spas on the 5th floor - they are not as hot as regular hot tubs which means they are less crowded. I personally find most hot tubs too hot, especially on a hot humid day so I liked them. I think it's better for kids not to get so boiled anyway.

Oh and if you go to the art auctions make sure you take your bid number with you. My adult niece went for the free champagne and then threw the number away and someone used it to buy a painting. It was a bit of a mess sorting that out.