Cancelled cruises: Post your new itinerary here.

KyleClark

We got there in the end! Our April 2017 Epic Canaries is now April 2017 Spirit Med. Extra night, new ports and cheaper as no mini suites on Spirit. OBC honoured plus the additional $50. Thank you NCL for doing the right thing.

I called today as my Feb 2017 Sun cruise was cancelled.

My call was answered in less than 5 seconds. The rep was very pleasant and located my reservation. I had already worked out what the South America sailings had changed to from the press release about the new itineraries.She switched us to the Feb 22nd 2017 sailing from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso. Our original choice of cabin was sold but I didn't want it as I now needed a starboard side cabin. We moved to same category, starboard side. All our perks are intact, $150 onboard credit and 15 days rather than 14. All done in about 10 minutes. Taxes and fees have increased by a few dollars but in the grand scheme of things it is trivial.

Took about 15 minutes in total. We are pretty happy and will check next week when the new iineraries are published whether we want to add a cruise from Brazil.

Package holiday regs give you price protection they should not be charging you more. if the taxes are less than 2% of the cruise fare they should absorb them on top of the cancelation protection

We got there in the end! Our April 2017 Epic Canaries is now April 2017 Spirit Med. Extra night, new ports and cheaper as no mini suites on Spirit. OBC honoured plus the additional $50. Thank you NCL for doing the right thing.

Does the current pricing not come with premium choice on that sailing?

Should have something else included

[emoji20] no new itinerary. Just a cancel. Same timeframe, same ship, same itinerary (+1 day +1 port) is not price protected and would cost an extra $1,200 per person. Ouch

Keep trying. This should be price protected but it took us 4 days of badgering to get there. +1 day +1 port no way costs $1200 per person more. :-(

Package holiday regs give you price protection they should not be charging you more. if the taxes are less than 2% of the cruise fare they should absorb them on top of the cancelation protection

Are these EU regs or US regs? I book with the miami office even though I am in the UK. Ergo US regs apply to my booking.

Are these EU regs or US regs? I book with the miami office even though I am in the UK. Ergo US regs apply to my booking.

I disagree with the other poster. Your residency determines which regulations are applied. You still get the full protection of UK travel regulations if you reside there.

I disagree with the other poster. Your residency determines which regulations are applied. You still get the full protection of UK travel regulations if you reside there.

I very much doubt that UK regulations extend to contracts with foriegn companies through foreign websites.

If that was the case then many travel US websites and brochures would be in contravention of UK regulations start with pricng not including taxes.

AIUI the package holiday regulations ONLY apply to uk providers

Edited by insidecabin

Well no luck for us, called NCL one more time and tried to switch from the Jade out of Houston to the Jade out of Tampa. Couldn't get price protection or keep the 3rd and 4th sail free from out previous booking so in the end we had to cancel. Still cruising with NCL this April on the Escape, but not sure what I think about future bookings with NCL after all this. :(

Don't give up! Don't cancel! Keep calling until you get a rep willing to switch to the new ship, price protected. We were finally able to switch our Feb 8, 2017 11 night Western Med on the Epic to the Feb 11, 2017 11 night Eastern Med & the Adriatic on the Spirit. Itinerary is as follows:

Venice

Venice

Zadar, Croatia

Sea

Messina, Italy

Valletta, Malta

Sea

Athens, Greece

Rhodes, Greece

Ephesus, Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

Good luck everyone!!!

Well no luck for us, called NCL one more time and tried to switch from the Jade out of Houston to the Jade out of Tampa. Couldn't get price protection or keep the 3rd and 4th sail free from out previous booking so in the end we had to cancel. Still cruising with NCL this April on the Escape, but not sure what I think about future bookings with NCL after all this. :(

Don't give up I was Jaxe out of Housron 11/2016, and was able to get Jade out of Tampa 11/13/2016 through my TA. Then my friend called to move theirs to match our and they told him no, but he said that he was traveling with us and gave out name and they relented. What date are you looking to sail?

I cancelled on Monday when they quoted me a higher price for our Epic Med cruise the end of March 2017. Everyone is saying to "mot give up" but since I already cancelled I'm out of luck, right? And I booked through a TA. Can I call again to see about price protection on a cruise I've already cancelled??? This is so frustrating. Why are some people getting a fair trade and others not??

I cancelled on Monday when they quoted me a higher price for our Epic Med cruise the end of March 2017. Everyone is saying to "mot give up" but since I already cancelled I'm out of luck, right? And I booked through a TA. Can I call again to see about price protection on a cruise I've already cancelled??? This is so frustrating. Why are some people getting a fair trade and others not??

It can't hurt to try. I would call your ta and explain what you're reading on cc and tell them the only reason you canceled was because you thought there were no options. See if they can do something for you.

Don't give up. Contrary to all the nay sayers who slated me, ridiculed me, insulted me and lambasted me recently on my determination to get our money back on flights I had to cancel as a result of NCL cancelling our cruise. Guess what? Due to the evidence I provided NCL have agreed to pay up and honour their first offer of refunding me.

So I say to you with issues over this debacle, keep trying and maybe NCL will step up and do the decent thing.

Don't give up. Contrary to all the nay sayers who slated me, ridiculed me, insulted me and lambasted me recently on my determination to get our money back on flights I had to cancel as a result of NCL cancelling our cruise. Guess what? Due to the evidence I provided NCL have agreed to pay up and honour their first offer of refunding me.

So I say to you with issues over this debacle, keep trying and maybe NCL will step up and do the decent thing.

Bravo!:D

Yay for you Pete! I am so sorry that some cc'ers were so rude and nasty to you...when I joined in 2004 it was nothing like it is now, people really wanted to help. Now, sad to say, the bullies have taken control....this is my opinion and I do not care anymore if those bullies want to flame me. Again, apologies to you, some of use cc'ers really do want to help and learn from fellow pax.

Pete, I tried to reply on one of your closed threads to another poster who told me that in UK when a pax cancels before final payment they lose their deposit. But it was closed so I could not. I learned reading that you definitely have a whole different set of rules. So, in my own ignorance, I realize it is unfair to judge and I congratulate you. I was able to work out my cancellation and it was pretty easy but I realize not everyone has had smooth sailing. Sorry for them. Glad you worked out your situation. I admire your tenacity.

I would encourage everyone who did not feel their cancelled cruise was handled in an appropriate manner to take the issue further and call or write to corporate. After speaking with supposedly the highest person I could in the cancellation dept regarding my issues I asked for contact information for someone higher up to continue with the issue. Bottom line is that I feel like this company did me wrong and did not offer something comparable to what was sold to me, and if we were able to switch to another line with an itinerary that we wanted in a room that we wanted, we would in a heartbeat, however since we were looking for a transatlantic cruise in a suite for a certain timeframe, all other options on other lines that we had 6 months ago when we were making the decision are now sold out.

We will sail with NCL for this cruise because we are basically backed into a corner if we want the honeymoon that we had envisioned for ourselves, and I am sure that we will enjoy ourselves, however the company had the chance to earn our business for a long time, as cruising is our favorite type of vacation, and all they accomplished was making sure we never give them another chance.

For those of you who NCL made it right for, I am very happy for you, as you all deserve to be made whole. For those of you who do not feel like you were made whole, do not give up the fight. Our words are more powerful when they are echoed by others.

I called thursday around 630 Eastern (hard for me since I wok and live in the Central time zone). We were booked for a quick 5 day out of Tampa on Jan 3, 2017 (we were going to visit family in FL for Xmas then head to the cruise). The biggest issue was that we were booked in an SJ on the Star and there isn't that cabin on the Jade (we are a family of 5). I wound up booking the same itinerary but changed to an SC cabin. They transferred over the "original (for everyone, not just first 2 in cabin) perks of Dining, Beverage, Kids free, and prepaid gratuities, and a $200 OBC. The room upgrade worked out to be $800 more. I originally booked the SJ cabin for 5 for 3164, but was able to rebook $300 lower a month later to 2864. I got the SC for 3682-plus should get the additional $100 OBC.