New years on the Pride

Hey there,

We are debating taking the 8 day news years cruise out of Baltimore on the Pride. The cruise goes to half moon cay, nassau, and grand turk. Has anyone does this cruise during the winter months? How cold is it going to be? I assume we will lose one sea day each way, but will it be warm for the rest of the cruise?

Unless a cold front hits Sunday and goes to Fla with you or Saturday on the way back you are correct only 1 day leaving and 1 day on the way back. Snow on the Lido is a bitch, they do close the 1 side

Edited by PA Dutchman

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've read numerous reviews where they've said the Bahamas was COLD in the winter.

Not sure you want to spend your hard earned money on that cruise.

Is there an option out of FL that is similar in cost?

I have cruised on the Pride three times. Twice in January and once in February. You will have 1 day of colder temps but once you are down around the Carolinas it will warm up. Just once we hit a cold spell in Nassau and Port Canaveral. It should be in the 70's-80's.

Edited by Emilycat

I haven't gone over New Years, but I did the Grandeur out of Baltimore last Thanksgiving. While it does get a little colder in December, it was COLD over November as well. But, the morning after we left Baltimore, I was back on the ship. It only affected embarkation day. After that, it was warm enough to go anywhere. And the Bahamas were not cold at all. They weren't blazing hot, but definitely warm enough to go in the water without shivering (which was exactly the way I liked it!) Somewhere in the high-80's all week.