Oasis of the Seas 18th birthday cruise - Preamble

Now I'll give you a tour of the H2O Zone.

DSC00246_zps85ifhwth.jpg

They got a hot tub for the kids.

DSC00247_zps1dv8yijo.jpg

Then there's the pool, which is very kid-friendly being that it's shallower, but I notice that kids definitely go in the other pools as well. Also that spinning pool I always enjoyed.

DSC00248_zps3or9lw5f.jpg

DSC00249_zpsshb47rd6.jpg

So many colorful sculptures, sprinklers and water guns!

DSC00250_zps76tf1naa.jpg

Have infants and toddlers? No problem! There's a splash area just for them!

I notice that there are quite a few differences between the H2O Zone on the Oasis class and the H2O Zone on the Freedom class. Here, everything's all jammed together, while it's definitely more spacious on the Freedom. In that case, there's only one hot tub as opposed to two.

Also no waterfall this time around. :(

And I'm kind of awaiting to see water slides on a Royal Caribbean ship someday.

Now for the sports area!

DSC00277_zpscjvjuxpp.jpg

DSC00263_zpsldanyump.jpg

Table tennis (or ping-pong, whatever you call it) in quite a couple areas.

DSC00265_zpsbketw69c.jpg

When I get to the mini golf course, I try my hand at that. It's not easy doing that with a camera gripped in one hand, but I'm not very good at sports anyway.

DSC00266_zpshwav0et8.jpg

DSC00268_zpstveculdp.jpg

Not one, but two Flowrider surf simulators on this ship. One's for boogie boarding and the other is for stand-up surfing. I'm too chicken to go on the stand-up surfing one, and I tried the boogie boarding one, but...yeah, I'm really not good at sports.

DSC00270_zpsxlvfmrbw.jpg

Then there's the basketball court.

DSC00271_zpsouonsbqh.jpg

Then there's the video arcade. If you have children and teens, be very careful. A lot of the games taunt you with major prizes, and there are games that don't work. The theory is that they purposely do that just to make money. Even worse, children and teens tend to rack up a lot of charges. I avoided using the arcade at all costs.

DSC00274_zpssbvdn3pr.jpg

Are you friggin' kidding me?!?! A Flappy Bird parody on a cruise ship arcade?!

DSC00278_zps4bujxp1i.jpg

DSC00279_zpsefpw11yl.jpg

A scale model of the Freedom of the Seas, a ship I've been on twice.

DSC00281_zpse07edjzc.jpg

DSC00282_zpsz0etg1bg.jpg

And then, of course, we've got the Adventure Ocean kids program.

DSC00288_zpsiu1e1hzc.jpg'

They've got a small library. I didn't actually utilize this place, but I noticed a lot of the shelves were almost empty.

DSC00289_zpsyx2xqee5.jpg

DSC00290_zps3fe9gqhm.jpg

Movin' on to Central Park.

DSC00293_zpsrzsnlqlm.jpg

Plenty of the specialty restaurants are on this deck. Once again, I can only put up six images per post, so this part of the tour will be split into parts.

DSC00297_zpsuitdhzi5.jpg

DSC00302_zpsui4camwx.jpg

DSC00304_zps9irju8ts.jpg

If only I bothered to smell this plant, I would know whether it smelled like orange or not.

DSC00306_zpsppcgb6gm.jpg

Another plant that grows in Japan. Maybe I should go to Japan someday and do relaxing things like exploring all the foliage. Not just the cherry blossoms, but plants such as the Mock Orange and Holly Fern, as shown.

DSC00310_zpsav4migy3.jpg

DSC00311_zpsmyogxb5n.jpg

DSC00314_zpsjq20zzom.jpg

After touring through Central Park, I really gotta charge my camera, so I head back to my room and do that. In the meantime, I take my GoPro out and decide to go swimming at the pools. That part of the day is in the video.

In my next post, I will be exploring the Boardwalk and attending tonight's aqua show.

DSC00342_zpssu122snl.jpg

DSC00343_zps76cvhhqg.jpg

The Boardwalk Donut Shop became the Boardwalk Dog House. From what I've heard, they have this on the Allure of the Seas as well.

DSC00344_zpsudth62cc.jpg

Instead of using the video arcade, I decided to try out the Boardwalk arcade, but the first game I tried wouldn't take my card. So screw that.

DSC00354_zpskd1rejmy.jpg

I probably could've given the Zoltar a try, but it was out of service for the last few days of the cruise.

DSC00355_zps38rac37d.jpg

DSC00356_zpszvjqzlvm.jpg

As I'm typing this, it's past 1AM and I'm getting tired. I'll continue with the Boardwalk tour tomorrow.

My husband, 17 yr old daughter, and I watched ALL of your videos last night! You are hysterical! We felt so bad for you and not having your clothes!!! The suspense was killing us! We had to keep watching to see the outcome! AND then----getting trapped on deck!! That was awful, but we also couldn't help but laugh! Thanks for your review, pics, and videos! Happy 18th. Looking forward to watching the last 2 days of your cruise!

My husband, 17 yr old daughter, and I watched ALL of your videos last night! You are hysterical! We felt so bad for you and not having your clothes!!! The suspense was killing us! We had to keep watching to see the outcome! AND then----getting trapped on deck!! That was awful, but we also couldn't help but laugh! Thanks for your review, pics, and videos! Happy 18th. Looking forward to watching the last 2 days of your cruise!

Thanks! I uploaded the last 2 days at sea last night. Now all I've gotta work on is the return home that took longer than we expected.

DSC00357_zpszvittsk3.jpg

Next up is Star Pier. It's a store where you can get sunglasses, clothing, watches, the works.

DSC00374_zps3aox82yv.jpg

DSC00376_zpshpljxxks.jpg

"Hello, welcome to Star Pier! I'm Stacey!"

DSC00377_zpsqcbiq1jy.jpg

I show that video clip to Sara, the cashier behind the counter at Candy Beach and Pinwheels, and she gets a chuckle out of it.

DSC00358_zpsxhwsmeu0.jpg

DSC00362_zpsl3wdwdqx.jpg

DSC00364_zpspbrfmgob.jpg

DSC00372_zps8mkwz0ww.jpg

Johnny Rockets is always a nice place to go whenever we're on a Royal Caribbean ship. Yes, I've also been to Johnny Rockets on land - that being on the Atlantic City boardwalk a couple years ago.

I think they give you fries and onion rings once you sit down, but for some reason it doesn't happen this time, so I end up having to order the fries. And before I'm given the shake I ordered, they hold me over with water, much to better health, at least for me.

Also I don't know if the servers dance at this Johnny Rockets, 'cause I don't see that either. Otherwise, the shake and fries are pretty good.

I then stop at Cups and Scoops. They combined the Ice Cream Parlor with the Cupcake Cupboard, and in turn, the Cupcake Cupboard at the Royal Promenade became a Kate Spade boutique.

DSC00346_zpshddbl446.jpg

DSC00349_zpsot58cl42.jpg

DSC00345_zpsquky1jne.jpg

DSC00347_zpspegowwe1.jpg

DSC00378_zps4clrkpwt.jpg

I stumble upon the Shrek cupcake, which is a green cupcake (supposed to be chocolate chip) with chocolate icing, and I decide to get that. The cupcake itself, in all honesty, doesn't have much flavor, and it has a sticky texture, so it must have a lot of gluten in it. The icing, however, masks this, and it's pretty good.

DSC00380_zps3bbl256m.jpg

DSC00397_zps9tkfpdlr.jpg

Following that cupcake, I stop at Candy Beach. It's just about every kid's dream - candy paradise! 😄

DSC00351_zpsrnkqaers.jpg

Combined with Candy Beach is Pinwheels, where you can get clothing and accessories for the kids.

DSC00350_zpss8atejzt.jpg

Tonight is the Oasis of Dreams aqua show! My parents' suite was technically put in my name, so I didn't have to reserve this show, or any of the other shows I went to this cruise. All I have to do is show my gold card, and I'm seated! (Jeez, it's hard to keep up with telling the story in present tense, but that's what I prefer to do)

DSC00366_zpsdprcyj3c.jpg

DSC00399_zpsqnqnjcss.jpg

For the safety of performers, videotaping and flash photography aren't allowed. Thankfully, my camera doesn't have a flash, but I don't find my photos of the show to be my best.

DSC00400_zps3emtoae8.jpg

DSC00401_zpsrllrvn8w.jpg

DSC00402_zpsbubskpwo.jpg

DSC00403_zpswoukueut.jpg