Pre-Gold Benefits -- What???

jm485

Thanks for an interesting conversation, and for the tips about how to best use our actual suite benefits.

I'm not expecting that we'll get the vouchers (no worries there Merion_Mom :)). It wasn't part of the deal we bought and I really do suspect that this is just some weird glitchy thing. I probably could use the email to leverage something, but we're only on the 5 night trip. I don't want to spend (i.e., waste) time "discussing" this with the Concierge or Guest Services or anyone.

If they ARE there, great. If not, fine -- we'll use the CL that is clearly a benefit we get or, if it's too crowded, we've got plenty of OBC from our TA to cover any pre- or post-dinner drinking we might do. We have 2 future trips booked at good prices, so I can't imagine that -- even if it worked -- the discount would get us a better deal. And we have the all non-alcoholic beverage package, so we can get all the water we want. Other than that, I think everything that's listed is just a suite perk or something offered to everyone, anyway.

I suppose it's possible that something about our reservation -- our age (late 40s/early 50s), 1st timers and booked a suite with more suites booked, our zip code demographics, living within an hour of a year-round port, etc. -- triggered RCI's system to say "hey, show these folks the "best" of RCI so we can "get" them to be loyal to Royal." This may be something they are doing as part of the pre-sign up for C&A. Again, if so, great. If not, it's all good. No point in getting upset or annoyed about not getting something we aren't supposed to get anyway.

Either way, I will report back on our return.

Edited by jm485

denatravels: Marion Mom is one of the most knowledgable posters on this board. She knows more than most of us put together and she tells it like it is.

jm485: once you have returned from your cruise will you please let us know what happened. Yours is an intriguing situation. It is fun to come across a "mystery" once in a while.

Edited by beachnative

• 2 weeks later...

Mystery solved ... 'twas an IT glitch.

We got the suite benefits we were supposed to get, so it wasn't an issue. And no, I didn't even waste 0.01 milliseconds trying to "get" them to add these things, so all was well.

We got the suite benefits we were supposed to get, so it wasn't an issue. And no, I didn't even waste 0.01 milliseconds trying to "get" them to add these things, so all was well.

Thank you for reporting back.

Thanks, always nice to hear the conclusion of the story. So many come on here and post and then go away and we never hear. You did cause some fun and speculation so all good:p

So, when you eat breakfast in Chops as part of a suite benefit are you supposed to tip in there daily or is it considered part of your other tipping? Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I were on Liberty in a GS this past May. We Tipped the Servers during and at the end of the cruise as they really went out of their way to get pretty much anything you would like. Carlos the Concierge is fantastic also. Enjoy your cruise the ship was fantastic.