Eclipse (S Class) Deck 10 C3 aft cabins ??

barneymag

Hi all

Looking to book Eclipse for June 2016 in a C3 Concierge cabin - previously I have chosen deck 10 forward as there is no overhang on the forward cabins.

Eclipse has a massive overhang in the midship area that effects decks 10 and 11 but the overhang towards the stern looks less intrusive and as there is a deck 12 there are no supports on Deck 10 in the aft cabins.

Anyone had a deck 10 C3 aft cabin ? If so which cabin, did you get plenty of sun ? and how were the views forward and aft ? were they effected by the bump ?

We have a hold on 1018 but it's still a little close to the bridge for my liking .... Unless anyone has any views on 1018 (or 1019 port side)

Thanks for your advice

We had one in the middle (center) aft several years ago, with a bit wider balcony. Sold us on the aft cabins completely. LOVE the location.

Lately we've been booking the corner aft S1 (sky suites). Again, aft location but a bit more move around space in the cabin.

We don't worry too much that there is visibility above and below when you're on the rail. Mostly we stand out there as we come into and leave port, and the rest of the time when we're on the balcony we are sitting down or in the chaise loungers and no one sees us. Or they see our feet. Or I don't care that they see me - I'm just sitting there. That CAN'T be too interesting to anyone! If I'm at the rail and I happen to look up or down and see someone else on their balcony, it's no big deal. Just wave and smile. But 'being seen' has absolutely never entered into our decision.

Our favorite deck on S class is the penthouse deck. Still surrounded by cabins above and below but high up. We like far aft and as high as you can get on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

We were in an aft concierge cabin on deck 10...#1407. We had more than enough sun with only a partial overhang from above. The view was great and we had a somewhat larger balcony. Since we are older and somewhat physically impaired, the long walk to the elevator was our greatest concern and will keep us from booking any aft cabin again on the Eclipse. For anyone else, the aft cabins are absolutely fantastic.

We were in an aft concierge cabin on deck 10...#1407. We had more than enough sun with only a partial overhang from above. The view was great and we had a somewhat larger balcony. Since we are older and somewhat physically impaired, the long walk to the elevator was our greatest concern and will keep us from booking any aft cabin again on the Eclipse. For anyone else, the aft cabins are absolutely fantastic.

I forgot to say that I believe this was a C1 stateroom.