Royal/Regal Wheelhouse noise?

Crystalkrt

Just booked our cruise and we were 'upgraded' to a DW Balcony on Emerald deck, right above the Wheelhouse bar. Now after looking at the deck plans, I am concerned about noise, especially at night.

Has anyone had a cabin right under the wheelhouse on either Regal/Royal, should I be worried?

I was on the Royal Princess. The Wheelhouse is right in front of the Crown Grill. I never saw it noisy (walked right by it many times). At night I saw either a string quartet or a piano player. All the music was classical or something similar. Nothing noisy.

We just got off the Royal. I don't think the Wheelhouse would cause noise for decks above or below, but we did think the noise took away from our experience in the Crown Grill. They really need to put a wall between the bar area and the restaurant. We would not go to the Crown Grill again on the Royal.

Makes me feel much better. We had a cabin right above the piano bar (on our first cruise ) and it was the worst cabin we've ever had.... so noisy at night. Seems like the singer was inside our cabin with his piano and microphone....:eek:

We just got off the Royal. I don't think the Wheelhouse would cause noise for decks above or below, but we did think the noise took away from our experience in the Crown Grill. They really need to put a wall between the bar area and the restaurant. We would not go to the Crown Grill again on the Royal.

We did not find that the case at all and would go again. You probably just hit it at an unusually noisy time.