Early Saver - not available

LucyDoncaster

Have been looking at a cruise for next June and was going to book Early Saver. Rang P&O and was told they don't have Early Saver available on three berth cabins. Two people - no problem. Three people - no. The three berth cabins are available as you can book them at Select Price.

Seems a bit unfair. I know they want to maximise their chance of getting full fare, but in this day and age,,are we being discriminated against for needing a three berth?

Think of it like a shop. Tomatoes are on special offer salad isn't. Are you being discriminated against because you want salad and not tomatoes.

P&O prices are just the same as any shop, they are an "offer to trade". You have the choice to buy or not buy.

David.

You want to select a three berth cabin so you have to pay Select fare, if you didn't want to select your three berth cabin you could pay Early Saver, but would be unlikely to get a three berth cabin.

Have been looking at a cruise for next June and was going to book Early Saver. Rang P&O and was told they don't have Early Saver available on three berth cabins. Two people - no problem. Three people - no. The three berth cabins are available as you can book them at Select Price.

Seems a bit unfair. I know they want to maximise their chance of getting full fare, but in this day and age,,are we being discriminated against for needing a three berth?

No I don't think so. Think of people who require an accessible cabin. There are so few of them that they always have to book select to get one.

Also people with mobility scooters, they either have to book suites/mini suites or the scarce accessible cabins.

You would have the choce of waiting for early saver/saver fares and having 2 cabins. They would not have those choices.

No I don't think so. Think of people who require an accessible cabin. There are so few of them that they always have to book select to get one.

Also people with mobility scooters, they either have to book suites/mini suites or the scarce accessible cabins.

You would have the choce of waiting for early saver/saver fares and having 2 cabins. They would not have those choices.

Accessible cabins are available on the saver rate if any are left of course, and if only one is available you have the benefit of knowing your cabin number at booking. [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

I think that is very unfair! If they still have capacity for three in a cabin, then You should be able to book it at a saver rate! I would look at other cruises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason 12, I didn't realise accessible cabins were available on saver fares if available. . I will have to have a look at that. Thanks for info.

Lots of people don't know.! they are not allowed by law to discriminate, we were offered one in March for the Oceana but cause they have fixed twin beds which we did not want and they were also offering a silly amount of OBC we went with select..[emoji106]

Jason 12, I didn't realise accessible cabins were available on saver fares if available. . I will have to have a look at that. Thanks for info.

The problem is, if its a popular cruise they probably will not make it down to savet rates.

We had people at our dining table once who needed an accessible cabin, and they said the!y always had to book early to make sure they got a cabin.

I have no personal experience I am merely repeating what had been posted in the past, or by our table mates.

Now thinking about it a bit more any cabin can go down to saver rates ,if it is unsold. However with that you have no choice of cabin, just pot luck with what is left.

Therefore you could not book one of these cabins at saver rates as there is no saying you would get that one..if you get my drift.

If they allowed one person paying saver rates to say what cabin they wanted, what would all the other people paying saver rates say.

Accessible cabins are available on the saver rate if any are left of course, and if only one is available you have the benefit of knowing your cabin number at booking. [emoji5]️

You can only book a type of cabin at saver rates, and you have no say in which cabin, so you cannot really say I want to pay saver rates, but I want to pick that cabin.

The problem is, if its a popular cruise they probably will not make it down to savet rates.

We had people at our dining table once who needed an accessible cabin, and they said the!y always had to book early to make sure they got a cabin.

I have no personal experience I am merely repeating what had been posted in the past, or by our table mates.

Now thinking about it a bit more any cabin can go down to saver rates ,if it is unsold. However with that you have no choice of cabin, just pot luck with what is left.

Therefore you could not book one of these cabins at saver rates as there is no saying you would get that one..if you get my drift.

If they allowed one person paying saver rates to say what cabin they wanted, what would all the other people paying saver rates say.

It's a very different booking process to a normal saver, while on the phone to p&o they will check availability and then save a cabin and most times they will tell you the cabin number while booking.

Your very correct in how early you have to book to get a accessible cabin on popular cruises, we booked a back 2 back when the itineraries were released for August 2016 and half were already sold, but managed to get the same cabin for both cruises..[emoji41]

Wow, I didn't know that. I've always booked select, thinking I had to , to get an adapted cabin. Thanks again.

Bronte30, please see my other post. With saver rates you cannot say which cabin you want. They might have one not booked up, however they can only sell it at a select fare. If you pay a cheaper fare then there is no saying you will get allocated that cabin.

If they let you pay a cheaper fare but pick your cabin, what would other people say who also paid a cheaper fare, but were not allowed to pick their cabin.

How interesting! We checked approx 3 weeks ago for a cruise in March for a three berth and there was no early saver. By the time we came round to booking two weeks ago early saver had appeared and we booked a three berth inside cabin on this fare. It was available for Balcony and Outside but the OBC would have rendered these fares more expensive. HTH.

You can only book a type of cabin at saver rates, and you have no say in which cabin, so you cannot really say I want to pay saver rates, but I want to pick that cabin.

Yes correct [emoji106]

But if you've done you homework and you know there is only one cabin left then you will know [emoji4]

Bronte30, please see my other post. With saver rates you cannot say which cabin you want. They might have one not booked up, however they can only sell it at a select fare. If you pay a cheaper fare then there is no saying you will get allocated that cabin.

If they let you pay a cheaper fare but pick your cabin, what would other people say who also paid a cheaper fare, but were not allowed to pick their cabin.

Sorry but who has mentioned you can pick your cabin?

It's a very different booking process to a normal saver, while on the phone to p&o they will check availability and then save a cabin and most times they will tell you the cabin number while booking.

Your very correct in how early you have to book to get a accessible cabin on popular cruises, we booked a back 2 back when the itineraries were released for August 2016 and half were already sold, but managed to get the same cabin for both cruises..[emoji41]

Jason surely that is discriminating against other saver fare payers, who are not allowed to pick their cabins.

I have noticed that some adapted cabins are available late for the Fly cruise Caribbean cruises. Clearly the flying puts many off including us.

Same here, lots of good deals on the Oceana if you don't mind flying.

Sorry but who has mentioned you can pick your cabin?

I think I am getting very confused here.

You have a cruise, it has 50 cabins outside cabins left , let's say (a number I can cope with) Of those 50, 1 is accessible. Fares go down to saver fares, where choice is not available.

You come along ,book a saver fare. You could get allocated one of the other 49 surely, not necessarily the one you want. So how would it work?

I think I am getting very confused here.

You have a cruise, it has 50 cabins outside cabins left , let's say (a number I can cope with) Of those 50, 1 is accessible. Fares go down to saver fares, where choice is not available.

You come along ,book a saver fare. You could get allocated one of the other 49 surely, not necessarily the one you want. So how would it work?

If Im bring a wheelchair user and request a accessible cabin then they have to allocate me the last one..

Jason thanks for explaing it to me...

I stand corrected.

Bronte30, I had just typed a reply and then read your reply..which basically answered the question I was going to ask, so I will shut up and go away now.

happy to help. [emoji4]

No they don't show up online, you can only book them through a TA or on the phone to p&o.

I usually ring p&o to find out what is available then email my TA with my request.

Edited by Jason12