Your first RCI ship

nikki303

Song of America was the first in 1986. Followed by Monarch of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas.

Then there were some other lines in there, but I'm now sticking with RCI. We are booked for Jewel again next July to the Baltic.

We have been on a total of 21 cruises.

I wish there had been more......

My husband and I sailed on a 10 day caribbean cruise in June of 1987 on Royal Caribbean's Sun Viking! It was a smaller ship, maybe 600 pax or so, and it has since been sold by Royal Caribbean and may be sailing under another cruise line and name. Haven't kept track of what happened to it. We had such a wonderful cruise on that ship. Of course it was our honeymoon and our first cruise, and you know how special those are! The ship was immaculate, the service was the BEST! The ship attracted a lot of international folks, so we met people from a lot of different places.

We have since sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas and the Monarch of the Seas (a long time ago), and we will be on Jewel of the Seas this Thanksgiving. Thanks for reminding me of a wonderful vacation!

Linda

What was the very first Royal Caribbean ship you sailed on? And has anyone ever sailed on all 19 of them?

For me Explorer was my first and I have been on 5 cruises with them on 4 different ships.

Monarch was our first. I remember thinking oh my gosh it's huge! LOL :)

Monarch, for our honeymoon in 1995. We'd love to sail her again but fear that because we've sailed on mostly newer ships the last 9 cruises that she would no longer live up to our now hightened expectations.....just don't want to lessen the fond memories we have of her.

I'm sure it's still a fine ship though.

Archived