Royal Clipper Dec 12, 2015 Barbados (Grenadines Route)

taphappy

Hi,

I haven't seen any "new" news about the excessive seaweed in Barbados. I checked Trip Advisor for recent reviews of Accra Beach and Almond Beach resorts. No mention of the beach other than people are loving it. This is very encouraging!

Hi! The seaweed Situation has improved - for us. From Accra upwards to Bridgetown (the south of Barbados was mostly hit) is clear. And they have did very much to get rid of the rest on the beaches. No one has had complaints sind the middle of September where a bit drifted with the ocean.

Enjoy my home Island!!!

Hi Everyone,

Would love lunch recommendations, if you have any in Barbados even though I am staying at an all inclusive resort.

Looking for local seafood or vegetarian options. A place where it might be easy to strike up conversation.

Hi, again! You are staying at Almond Beach Resort near Speightstown (St. Peter / Heywoods)? Lunch at the Fisherman's Pub is delicious. Very Bajan. And Island Plates in Speightstown has great Veggie Dishes. At both Locations you will find People who love to converse. How Long will you be staying before your sail? I am online, so give it a go!!!

Edited by muskatnuss

Thank you! I did see people talking about Fisherman's Pub. I will look up Island plates. Yes, I am staying near Speightstown for 3 nights ahead of the sail at Almond Beach.

I know people will be staying at Accra, but I booked the solo cruise rate and it didn't include a room stay. Part of my room rate are some free tours and I wanted to be near Heywoods. Many years ago I stayed at condo complex - I believe it was Divi Southwinds.

I would be interested in finding out what the taxi costs are generally from the airport. I saw the rate of $48 posted to Almond Beach, but it didn't list what currency that was in. I want to avoid overpaying...

Many thanks! I feel better taking the taxi to my hotel when I arrive.

This information will also help me decide how I want to travel from the ship back to the airport to go home.

I paid my balance for my cruise today and Clipper tried to get me to pre-pay transfers and tips. I didn't see reason to pay for this far in two months in advance.

Hi,

I received an email from Star Clipper to solo sailors awarding $100 on board credit to new reservations on certain dates, including this one.

(I probably "missed the boat" on this offer as I paid in full last week.)

If you haven't paid in full, you might want to ask about the offer.

A nice surprise - Star Clipper sent me an updated invoice that includes a $100 on board credit. If you are cruising on this date, you might want to check to see whether you are eligible (if you didn't already receive a credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Tschibi,

I'm so glad to hear that you booked your cruise.

It would be my pleasure to join you as we spend our onboard credits enjoying some grape juice.

I plan to go easy on the wine the first night. When I travelled by Windstar to the Grenadines from Barbados, the first night - the ship really rocked.

Quite a few passengers were not seen on deck for most of the cruise and they were not honeymooners!

I don't know whether it is typical to have rough seas the first night at sea, but I don't want to take any chances - I think some of my shipmates did!

Nina

That first night is likely to be the best "sail" of the holiday with the trade winds from the stern(ish). As the RC is a true sailing ship the raised sails have a steadying effect if there is a fresh breeze.