Galveston help please

Cruiseguy120

I am looking to book carnival triump from Galveston Texas to San Juan pr leaving oct 24 2015.

I would like to arrive the night before (oct 23) and stay somewhere around the terminal. Any recommendation on hotel ?

Another big issue is getting from the airport to hotel. I see the terminal is pretty far from the airport. Any help or guidance to get from airport to hotel/cruise terminal area ?

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

If you can get a flight into Houston Hobby you will be closer to the pier. Southwest flies into Hobby. I would recommend heading straight to Galveston. There are several shuttle options that will take you directly to your Galveston hotel. The area around Hobby is a bit sketchy. If you do stay there make sure it is at a full service hotel so you can eat in the hotel. Not a good area to go wandering around at night.

If you fly into Intercontinental there are lots of hotels around the airport with free shuttles. The Marriott is connected to the terminals. You might want in that case to book a Carnival transfer. Then in the morning take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and meet the Carnival rep in baggage claim and take their transfer to Galveston.

Edited by DebJ14

I am looking to book carnival triump from Galveston Texas to San Juan pr leaving oct 24 2015.

I would like to arrive the night before (oct 23) and stay somewhere around the terminal. Any recommendation on hotel ?

Another big issue is getting from the airport to hotel. I see the terminal is pretty far from the airport. Any help or guidance to get from airport to hotel/cruise terminal area ?

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Just Google "IAH hotels w/airport shuttle" then read the reviews on Tripadvisor.com. Contact Carnival re:shuttle bus to ship ie: transfers. Take shuttle back to airport on the morning of your cruise & take the assigned bus. FYI some of the airport area hotels use a "shared" shuttle. These can take a while as they stop at many hotels. We are going on the Triumph next week...can't wait!

Sorry, but you have not provided enough information to give you some suggestions. Such as airport and time that you are arriving as this really impacts the suggestions.

So I will just throw some information out there:

Depending on the time your flight arrives you could take the Galveston Express galvestonexpress.com shuttle down to Galveston to a hotel there. Keep in mind that the Galveston Express has a set schedule as to when they leave the airport. Their prices are not bad compared to other options usually starting around $25.00.

There are several hotels that are not too badly priced for a night. Just look on several of the standard hotel websites.

The next morning, just take a taxi to the terminal. Cost should be $10-$15 depending on where you stay.

Edited by Mrbp1