Booking Excursions with OBC

jarand

We purchased a cruise under a HAL promo that included a lot of excursion OBC credit. How do I access that credit to book an excursion? Years ago I know HAL didn't allow you to pre-book excursions using OBC, but I thought they had worked that out?

Also, how do I even find our receipt or balance sheet on the HAL website?

Thanks.

The Excursion OBC is just that, an onboard credit, not one you can use before you board the ship. If you choose to book an excursion pre-sailing, you will pay for it using your credit card. If you book an excursion while on the ship, it will then be deducted from your OBC.

If you want to see what you've paid, go to "My Reservations" and "Make/View Online Payment". That should give you the information you're looking for.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Ack. Just booked but have OBC for excursions. Sooo... To hold a seat, one might cancel once aboard, then rebook on board using OBC?

I don't think so unless they've changed the rules. You can cancel (within restrictions) and you can try to book on board, but your seat isn't held and if the tour is sold out you go to back of queue. I wonder if they've done anything different with this promotion.

If you want to see what you've paid, go to "My Reservations" and "Make/View Online Payment". That should give you the information you're looking for.

That only works if you've booked on-line (no TA or PCC)

Edited by jtl513

We're in fhe same boat with the OBC for excursions for our January cruise to New Zealand. I have pre-booked one tour we particularly want to do and paid by credit card - knowing that a Princess Cruise will be in that port on the same day so not wanting to risk missing out on limited seats by waiting to book on board.

The good news is that others here on CC who have sailed already on this promotion have provided advice that the OBC may be used for other purchases once on board - including payment of gratuities. Apparently the OBC is not identified on your ship board account as being only for cruise tours. This may of course change, but I am hoping not as I honestly don't see us spending $800 on cruise tours.

That only works if you've booked on-line (no TA or PCC)

People who book with a PCC are able to view their credits via the "My Reservations" and "Make/View Online Payment" menu.

Edited by richwmn

Where abouts on the reservations page is the 'Make/View Online Payment" menu? I can't find it anywhere. It may be that it is blocked for anyone booking outside the USA. Thanks. __________________

I am outside the U.S. living in Bermuda. I booked directly with HAL. Did you book through a TA that might not be the reason why. Do you have an account on the HAL website? If so login go to my account then My Resevations then it should be at the bottom right of the page.

I am outside the U.S. living in Bermuda. I booked directly with HAL. Did you book through a TA that might not be the reason why. Do you have an account on the HAL website? If so login go to my account then My Resevations then it should be at the bottom right of the page.

Thanks for your reply RAYSAN. Yes I have a HAL account and I can access my reservation. There is a large white area at the bottom right of the page, so I am guessing that that is where I should be seeing it. Looks like I need to rely on our TA to give me proof of our offer.