family suite

virginia600

Has anyone had a family suite? We are looking at the CP for Sept 4th. It's a family reunion, or I should say adults sibs- 2/sisters- 2 brothers and 1 sister-n-law and Mom. no one under 30 allowed! ha! Would the family suite be a little too chummy for us? What do these rooms look like?

thanks

susan

3 rooms, LR + 2 BR. Not cost-effective for < 8 pax. 6 pax would be paying for 8. 2 mini-suites would suit you better, as above stated. XS is considered a Full Suite.

A Smile is just a little curve that sets a lot of things Straight.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

To answer your specific question about the family suite, I can tell you (from having stayed in the one on the Star) that you will get an inside cabin with two twin beds (cannot be made into queen sized) that have the 3rd/4th bunks above them (they fold up to the wall during the day) and a minisuite with a queen that will convert into two twins. The 7th and 8th passengers sleep on the two sofas in the living room area. While you get two bathrooms (one with tub, one with shower), beware that the sleeping part of the minisuite doesn't really have privacy from the living room area, as there is not even a curtin separating the two areas. If you check out www.cruisestateroom.com they have an accurate representation of the cabin layout. You get a balcony that is twice the normal size. Since the first four people in the cabin pay full fare, it would probably be much more cost effective to get two minisuites. I was travelling with my husband and two sons and had booked a minisuite with an inside cabin across the hall for the kids when we were upgraded at the last minute to the family suite. While it was nice to have, especially with the kids, I wouldn't have wanted to pay for it. Hope this helps.

Cathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

until European River Cruise on Viking Spirit

We got home yesterday. Here is the best tip I learned from these wonderful Cruise Critic boards...

Have your steward open the balcony dividers between your cabins to make your own connecting family suite!!!

We had four cabins. My parents in a minisuite right next to my husband and me in another minisuite and then right next door, my children (10 and 13) in a (non mini-suite) regular outside balcony cabin, and then my mother-in-law in a regular outside balcony cabin. We had our steward open the balcony dividers between cabins. I would NEVER have known this without the cruise critic boards. It was perfect!

Just before getting off the ship yesterday, at about 9am, we peaked into the other biggest suites available on the ship. We were thrilled that we did the separate suites and adjoined our balconies. We had plenty of room, privacy, bathrooms, and a fantastic common space outside for lounging together.

I hope all families can find this post!

Happy cruising...

Jill

Archived