getting from Washington Dulles airport to Baltimore cruise port

hockeymom15

I can't in good conscience recommend DCA, other than maybe a cab to Union Station and Amtrak/MARC to BWI. Driving more likely than not gets you stuck on the Southeast/Southwest Freeway, and then on the Parkway. Good day, 45 minutes. Nats game, event on the Mall, etc., and fuhgettaboutit!

And I don't hate IAD, but it's a straight shot on secondary roads home for me, and direct flights almost everywhere in the world... DCA, on the other hand!

I was thinking faster to Union Station to get Amtrak/MARC....at least you can Metro it, or cab.....

But if they're coming in day of, they really need to fly into BWI.....

I was thinking faster to Union Station to get Amtrak/MARC....at least you can Metro it, or cab.....

But if they're coming in day of, they really need to fly into BWI.....

Yeah. Traffic here has become like trying to explain crosstown traffic at 3:30-6:30 or so in Manhattan. It doesn't make sense if you haven't lived it, and even then it doesn't make sense!

I know I'm a little late to the party, but...

We live equidistant to all three (Reagan, Dulles, and BWI) and we do everything to avoid Dulles. Reagan is by far the easiest. It's small, easy to navigate, very little walking, and never s line for security.

I would also easily take BWI over Dulles.

If you use either Dulles or Reagan, your best bet is to fly in the day before and rent a car one way. Drive to a Baltimore hotel with a shuttle to the port, and check in and drop off your luggage in your room. Drive to the local rental place to return the car, and have them drive you back to the hotel. Just make sure the rental place offers drop off service. Most do, but not all.

Oh, and Reagan has the rental cars at the terminal, a very, very short walk from baggage claim. Dulles has a shuttle bus for rental cars.