Buying cigarettes on board

aaadinaaa

Good morning!

This may be a silly question, but I have never done it before so I don't know how it works.

If you purchase a carton of cigarettes on board, are you allowed to have them right then and there or do you have to wait until the last night of the cruise like you do with alcohol.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Good morning!

This may be a silly question, but I have never done it before so I don't know how it works.

If you purchase a carton of cigarettes on board, are you allowed to have them right then and there or do you have to wait until the last night of the cruise like you do with alcohol.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

My GF used to smoke. Buy as many as you can, Cheapest prices!

You get em right away

You are given them at time of purchase, no matter how many you buy. And you can carry them on the ship when you buy them in port. However, be cautious about your duty free requirements. There is a limit of one carton per adult you can bring back duty free... you can buy more but be prepared to pay duty taxes when you claim them unless you want to take the risk of not.

There is another thread on this just down a ways.

places like St.Thomas and St.Martin cigarettes are around $20 a carton.

I bought a carton of Newport in Grand Cayman for $25 )the ship price was $37. They delivered them to the ship though.

Does anyone know what cigarette prices are in Cozumel?

You are given them at time of purchase, no matter how many you buy. And you can carry them on the ship when you buy them in port. However, be cautious about your duty free requirements. There is a limit of one carton per adult you can bring back duty free... you can buy more but be prepared to pay duty taxes when you claim them unless you want to take the risk of not.

There is another thread on this just down a ways.

There really is no "risk", it's legal and the duty, if they even bother , would be no more then 10%, which is still less then 1/2 of U.S prices. As to Texas, when in port you have to pay local tax.

Any prices on Camel 99s? On the ship and western Caribbean ports? My wife smokes camels. Trying to get her to switch to vapor or just quit all together. When we got together and married and old her she has to smoke outside. I don't allow smoking in my house or my car. I don't smoke and never have and never will.

I also see some people say smokes from Mexico have a stale taste vs ones on the ship and U.S. versions. I figured a ciggerett is a ciggerett is a different no matter were you buy them. Any more in put on this difference or quality in ciggs between where you get them from?

I may be very wrong, but I thought I read where Texas was charging sales tax for any cigarette or alcohol purchases in addition to anything customs may collect.

Please does anyone have any info on this?

$1.50/pack for smokes, about $2.75 for ea bottle of alcohol. Even the airplane-sized ones are taxed.

You are allowed to bring back five carton each if they are bought in St. Thomas without paying any duty. We've done it several times, including this past February.

I posted this on another thread last week. One particularly nice person basically called me a liar and told me I shouldn't be giving out false information. I bought 5 cartons in St Thomas the week before last while on the Getaway and I intend to do it again the week after next while I'm on the Glory.