breakaway cabin?

tokidoki

Hi cruisers! I've decided with falling inside cabin prices to book cat ID on 8th deck, 8421, just wondering if I made a mistake, since there's a large interior that borders the room. Need to know if there's any crew stairway next to me? My NCL CC, doesn't know, but I hope someone whose stayed there might! thx in advance!

Urrrr, at-ease, first & foremost. IMHO, you didn't make a mistake even if there is crew staircase behind that vast interior space. Most likely, it is NOT - just a # of day beds/murphy beds for the crew/RS that's working their assigned section so that they don't have run down below decks up to service the cabins (okay, just kidding)

We're up on deck 10 FWD starboard side, I believed it's storage & provisioning for the crew, some carts and whatever. Crew stairs & service elevators are closer to midship, behind/next to/near the pax elevators & stairs - we walked by those during dis/embarkation while they're moving supplies & luggages around for deliveries. Crews are trained not to slam doors or run screaming down the hallways or hold late night or predawn parties on the passenger deck - all the fun are "down" below & away from creating nuisances - you have nothing to worry about in those regards.

What your fellow pax on the same cruise do - about noises & distractions, etc. - is outside of your & anybody's direct control or influence, and, no amount of planning can be foreseen to stay away or keep away from "them". Sound/noise insulations on the *Away class of ships are pretty good against hallway incidents, but, if there are honeymooners "holed" up next door with the DND light up all the time, well ... in-ear monitors do come in handy (as in noise cancellation/isolating headsets, and it doesn't have to be those $250 Bose QC-20's :D

This is one of the few things you don't need to worry about, or shouldn't - it is a fairly long walk from the elevators, and exercising is good for you in burning some calories. :p

Thx Mking, for your imput! Hopefully I made the right choice! Unfortunately, when I said the Breakaway before in the forward cabins on 8, had no idea the anchor room was next to us and the noise was deafening for 45 minutes at a time! Just trying to avoid another mistake