Nieuw Amsterdam specific cabin

LUPY48

I was just looking at a cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Specifically, cabins 4166 and 4168. Both of them appear to have extra large balconies. I'd appreciate any input from folks that have stayed in them.

You are correct, both have 18 ft wide balconies. 4168 has no tub, just a shower. I've never stayed in either, but you can find comments and pictures by Googling "4168-eurodam-5", "4166-nieuw-amsterdam", and "4166-eurodam"

Edited by jtl513

What are the stairs between the cabins?
They are marked as crew or emergency use only, but some people ignore the sign and use them to go down to the promenade. During the life boat drill you are allowed to use them.

Edited by jtl513

We were in 4166 last year or the year before - the only negative for us was the distance to our Retreat cabana! 4166 is almost at the back of the ship, so it's a long walk if you need to run back to retrieve something after arriving in the Retreat ;-) That said, the stateroom was perfectly fine and the big balcony was very nice (that's the reason I booked 4166)! Overall I prefer being more forward, because most of what I do is in the forward half of the ship.

Sue/WDW1972

Oosterdam 11/27/15

Nieuw Amsterday 2/17/16

Koningsdam 12/4/16

LOL - I do eat, but it's rare that I'm in the main dining room. Usually on NA I have a cabana, so lunch is brought to me there. Breakfast is Lido (midship), and often at dinner it's Lido or Tamarind (midship). There's not much reason for me to be on the aft, except on cruises without a cabana....then I'll be at the aft pool during the day/morning.

Sue/WDW1972