Compensation for cancelled cruises

peteukmcr

If you feel you're not getting what you deserve following the cancellation of your cruise as a result of NCL's decision to redeploy 5 of their ships, don't give up.

Contrary to all the nay sayers who slated me, ridiculed me, lambasted me and what was even more hurtful, insulted me recently on my determination to get our money back on flights I had to cancel as a result of NCL cancelling our cruise, guess what?

Contrary to all your 'expert' comments on what NCL was doing was right and that I deserved nothing, that I was hiding something, and as a travel professional I should know better and claim off my travel insurance, etc etc etc, due to the evidence I provided, NCL have agreed to pay up and honour their first offer of refunding me.

Therefore, my advice to anyone with issues over this situation, keep trying and maybe NCL will step up and do the decent thing for you too.

To those of you who supported me and provided great advice, I sincerely thank you.

And to those of you who thought it was a drama, I hope you never have to experience the situation where you may lose your hard earnt money through no fault of your own.

If you feel you're not getting what you deserve following the cancellation of your cruise as a result of NCL's decision to redeploy 5 of their ships, don't give up.

Contrary to all the nay sayers who slated me, ridiculed me, lambasted me and what was even more hurtful, insulted me recently on my determination to get our money back on flights I had to cancel as a result of NCL cancelling our cruise, guess what?

Contrary to all your 'expert' comments on what NCL was doing was right and that I deserved nothing, that I was hiding something, and as a travel professional I should know better and claim off my travel insurance, etc etc etc, due to the evidence I provided, NCL have agreed to pay up and honour their first offer of refunding me.

Therefore, my advice to anyone with issues over this situation, keep trying and maybe NCL will step up and do the decent thing for you too.

To those of you who supported me and provided great advice, I sincerely thank you.

And to those of you who thought it was a drama, I hope you never have to experience the situation where you may lose your hard earnt money through no fault of your own.

Way to go Pete! I have been following your story and I'm glad you didn't give in :D

Good for you. The lesson is obvious, deal directly with the company in a professional adult manner and avoid the public snit and everything will work out in the end.

ON UK bookings the offer to refund all costs should be automatic as it is required by the law.

There should be no need to mess about to get anything

The offer on the table when the cruise line cancels or makes major changes(Like 2 ports) should be suitable alternative cruise at NO* extra cost or refund if cheaper.

With both options compensation of any other losses(send in your proof) should be included in the notice of change/cancellation.

*If the cruise line is not happy with the no extra cost then that is not a suitable alternative. (but could be taken by the customer if they wanted just like they could book any cruise).

I think I read in in one of these theads what if the customer cancels should NCL make a claim,

They can and do, the law allows for a company to recover it's losses an allows this through the imposition of reasonable pre estimates of the loss.

For a cruise a long way out would be administration as there is a reasonable expectation the cabin will be resold sold

The closer in a cruise is there is potential for bigger losses, like having to sell the cabin at a reduced price. The cruiseline has all the sat to get a good estimate of the sort of losses it would have yet they still have penatly schedules that exceed this.

penalties have been challenged in court.

The customer won the case and got all their money back because they could prove the cruiseline resold the cabin and in this case the seat on the flight as well.