Radiance of the Seas to Hawaii

We're going on Adventure of the Seas in Oct and looking at going to Hawaii, just wondering your opinion on Radiance/Hawaii, looking at an IS is there enough room for that long, what're the onboard activities while at sea, overall appearance of the ship?

the Radiance is a beautiful ship and they offer a great deal of activities. We sailed her a year ago for a 13 day NZ, 18 day Transpacific then 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver. I am not sure what an IS ( Inside? ) is. Depending on your budget I would go for a balcony cabin myself.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

We sailed radiance this past January. She is a beautiful ship and I would happily sail on her again. There was a good variety of the usual type activities - trivia, scavenger hunt, movies in the theatre, quest etc. There was also a jazz afternoon in the colony club.

We had an inside room as we paid for family members cousins and that was all our budget allowed. It was fine, but would not be my preference for a long cruise or one with many sea days.

Balcony at a minimum. Lots of sea days to look at the beautiful ocean and while in the ports in Hawaii, it's lovely to sit outside and enjoy the view. We did a 15 day round trip and we were glad we had an aft suite with lots of wrap around balcony to hang out.

It's a great trip, you will enjoy it.

A balcony for this trip is great but if budget constraints keeps you at an inside cabin I would go anyway. There are plenty of tables up on the pool deck to compensate.

Radiance is a good ship and either cruising to or from Hawaii is a tremendous experience. After we cruise on Jewel next month our next 3 cruise with be Hawaii cruises on Radiance. It gives you a nice taste of the four main islands and an enjoyable stretch of 5 days at sea to just unwind and disconnect from home and work.

the Radiance is a beautiful ship and they offer a great deal of activities. We sailed her a year ago for a 13 day NZ, 18 day Transpacific then 12 day Hawaii to Vancouver. I am not sure what an IS ( Inside? ) is. Depending on your budget I would go for a balcony cabin myself.

Wow, you're lucky to travel on Radiance for that long!

We're from Palm Springs too! Good to see locals on here :)

As Bill pointed out - if you cannot do a balcony (or don't want to) there are so many sports to watch the ocean on Radiance. She has more glass than any other ship. Every bar and restaurant has an amazing view. Viking lounge is stunning. Insides are small - but you don't loose space due to balcony doors etc.

I've done that trip a few times and loved it. I didn't spend much time on the balcony at all. Radiance always has so much going on , I never had time to sit around and contemplate. It was great.

Raina

We're going on Adventure of the Seas in Oct and looking at going to Hawaii, just wondering your opinion on Radiance/Hawaii, looking at an IS is there enough room for that long, what're the onboard activities while at sea, overall appearance of the ship?

We'll be on Radiance September, 2016 Vancouver, B.C. to Hawaii - come join us! We did choose an aft balcony for this trip since we'll be continuing on down to Sydney - 30 days on Radiance - can't wait! I've heard wonderful things about Radiance and since we prefer the "smaller" ships, we're really looking forward to her! :)

Interior Stateroom

I'll be on Radiance to Hawaii in 18 days, 16 hrs and 30 minutes... but who's counting? :p;)

I'm sailing in interior 9571. I'll be back home Sept 24, so after that I'll be posting a full photo review like my other reviews. I understand your questions regarding activities while at sea as I've never been on any ship smaller that Voyager Class for extended time at sea, so I can hopefully provide you a good perspective. Stay tuned :D:D

Well hello boingobongo, yes it is nice to see some locals.:). We first sailed on the Radiance in 2008 for a round trip Hawaii out of San Diego so it was a real treat to be able to sail her again on our Australia trip last year. She has been well maintained over the years. My email address is blow my count down clock. My husband & I have been here a good many years.

No Saints we sailed out of Sydney on April 10, 2014 through May 9th to Vancouver and the weather was perfect.

When is the best time to go, for weather, crossing the Pacific?

If you are going on Royal Caribbean you do not have much of a choice as they just do the repositioning cruises in the spring and fall as the ship moves between Alaska and Australia.

As for weather, it's like anywhere else. You never know what will happen. But April/May for the eastbound transit and September for the westbound are typically nice for weather.

Edited by PCWalton1

We used Choice Air to go to Sydney, your not going that far however, we got great prices compared to what the airlines and other web sites were asking. We purchased 1 way since we were cruising home and got LAX to Sydney for $841.91 PP, compared to $1250 PP through the Airlines and other sites. Choice Air generally works best for International flights.

It is an amazing cruise, we did it 2 years ago. I wondered about 5 days at sea and wondered what the heck we would do too as it was our first cruise. It didn't seem there was enough time to do everything we wanted to do.

Like others I would try for a balcony if you can afford it. We had breakfast on our balcony every but one (a little cool on day one). It was nice to get up in the morning and sit and relax.... Oh darn, now I want to book another cruise to Hawaii. I better get to work and earn more money:D:D

Anything else I should know about the Radiance and how is embarkation in BC and debarkatuon in HI and do you book your air through Choice Air

Embarking in Vancouver will depend on where it is. Canada Place is usually efficient and quick. But if you are on Ballantyne Pier it can be trying as it is not as well equipped to handle the crowds. Last fall it took us over an hour to just get through security at Ballantyne.

Honolulu has been quick both times we have arrived there. Sometimes the line for the taxis can get long.

If you use Choice Air I would suggest you also look at other sites (kayak, orbitz, etc) as well just to price compare. You are coming from Canada so I do not know what the best method is for you. :)