Rumor Has It - - - 2020 The Galaxy Class

Calgon1

Yes. If you enlarge the sample deck plan, there are four (4) Panoramic Grand Suites on each deck for both the Grand Canyon and the Amazon Basin. Forward, aft, port and starboard. :)

I stand corrected.

There are two Grand Panoramic Suites for each atrium (East Coast, West Coast, Central Park, the Galleria, Plaza, Amazon Basin and Grand Canyon).

In addition, Amazon Basin and Grand Canyon have two Junior Panoramic Suites .

Aft, there are four Grand and four Junior Aqua Suites per deck.

The Kracken Pen is, naturally, below decks, in the central swath propulsion unit (next to the brig). We had to put it there as the sponson units hold the docking stations for the submarines.

There are two planetariums. Unfortunately, they are available only to the two Cloud Loft Suites, being on their third levels.

Curfews for teens and pre-teens will be adjusted for which time zone their stateroom is in. Violators will be collected and transferred to the Brig. Parents and Guardians, PLEASE pick them up during your debarkation. . .

The private helicopter LZ (for the Cloud Suites) is located immediately between the stacks.

Sorry, but, after extensive beta testing, Shamu will not :mad: be on board. He kept eating all the salmon, leaving insufficient quantities for the Main Dining Rooms!

The 60 Central elevators will, indeed, have way-points, every ten decks. The 24 Sponson elevators will have way-points every 15 decks. We found that pre-teens were getting on and pushing all the buttons - causing passengers to be unable to reach their staterooms in time for debarkation at the end of the sailing (By the way, we're still looking for Mr and Mrs Highpoint, from Boise, Idaho). Note - Cloud suites will have private elevators with uninterrupted access to ALL decks. Locations are not shown on the deck plans, for security reasons.

Sorry Theresa, but the Wonkavators are out. The moving sidewalks have replaced them (three lanes - Stand to the right, Walk in the center, Scooters on the left).

Good news - Due to high demand, we have added a second Ferris-Wheel. They will be side by side, with one in the East Coast and one in the West Coast atriums. Rotating in opposing directions, of course.

Edited by Calgon1

There are two Grand Panoramic Suites for each atrium (East Coast, West Coast, Central Park, the Galleria, Plaza, Amazon Basin and Grand Canyon).

When the ship is travelling in the opposite direction, with the East Coast and West Coast atriums switch place?

When the ship is travelling in the opposite direction, with the East Coast and West Coast atriums switch place?

Not normally. However, we may have to execute this option when crossing the Equator. In addition, depending on the traffic regulations of the various Ports-of-Call, bumper car traffic will switch from driving on the right to driving on the left. Thus, the need for bumper cars. :eek:

Edited by Calgon1

Not normally. However, we may have to execute this option when crossing the Equator. In addition, depending on the traffic regulations of the various Ports-of-Call, bumper car traffic will switch from driving on the right to driving on the left. Thus, the need for bumper cars. :eek:

How will you account for the change in the direction of the water in the toilet when you flush once you cross the Equator?

When we decided to go with the Tri-Hull Swath design, we had to radically redesign the deck layouts.

Hope you enjoy!

Galaxy%20and%20Oasis%20Class%20Number%202_zpsxdj76j1t.gif

I am very surprised to see that the cruise line would allow that much open space in the Grand Canyon and Amazon basin. I am sure they could fit an extra 2000 rooms in that under used space.

I don't really see a need to worry about crossing the equator seeing that the route was only to coco cay and back.

Instead of fork lifting all of the day's supplies on to the ship are they going to just have the entire semi drive on to the ship then use the same semis at the end of the cruise to remove the garbage?

There is still the question of where it will be home ported. I think the entry to port Everglades is too narrow. As is port of Miami and port canaveral. The only real option will be to home port in long beach. Good for you Californians.

The new itenary will be boarding Sat/Sun, at sea Monday, Ensenada on Tuesday, at sea Wednesday, disembarkment on Thurs/Fri.

Curfews for teens and pre-teens will be adjusted for which time zone their stateroom is in. Violators will be collected and transferred to the Brig. Parents and Guardians, PLEASE pick them up during your debarkation. . .

Seems like a very fair policy. Provided they are not put in holding pens with Booze Smugglers, I mean they are still minors.

Sorry, but, after extensive beta testing, Shamu will not :mad: be on board. He kept eating all the salmon, leaving insufficient quantities for the Main Dining Rooms!

Am disappointed, but understand. Darn internet rumors

The 60 Central elevators will, indeed, have way-points, every ten decks. The 24 Sponson elevators will have way-points every 15 decks. We found that pre-teens were getting on and pushing all the buttons - causing passengers to be unable to reach their staterooms in time for debarkation at the end of the sailing (By the way, we're still looking for Mr and Mrs Highpoint, from Boise, Idaho). Note - Cloud suites will have private elevators with uninterrupted access to ALL decks. Locations are not shown on the deck plans, for security reasons.

If the elevator becomes tied up, are stairs available, or slides for going down?

Has anyone got a return of auto-gratuity for cabin steward, if they didn't reach their stateroom?

Will keep the Highpoint's in our thoughts. Perhaps they are taking the stairs.

Sorry Theresa, but the Wonkavators are out. The moving sidewalks have replaced them (three lanes - Stand to the right, Walk in the center, Scooters on the left).

Scooters?? This so much better a solution than golf carts. I mean it is still a ship, limited space for parking was one of my concerns with the whole golf cart situation.

Is anyone else having problems getting Galaxy to come up in the cruise search on Royal Caribbean website. I called the website help number, and they acted like I was crazy.

Edited by Domino D

Are you surprised they acted like you were crazy? How long did it take for the corporate office to realize there were going to be water slides on the harmony? The reason you can't book is because it won't be out until 2020. Right now RCL isn't sure if there will still be an ocean after April 2017. But, most important of all. They have not yet figured out if they can get it through the Strait of Gibraltar.

Is anyone else having problems getting Galaxy to come up in the cruise search on Royal Caribbean website. I called the website help number, and they acted like I was crazy.

What do you expect? RCCL outsources their website help to Romulans.