Reasons to take Princess' Alaska cruises vs. other cruiselines

tbmrt

Because of the large number of offerings that Princess has for various cruise tours I elected to let them take the lead for my Alaska cruise in 2016. Princess seems to be the only line that offers tours that include Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. Since this will most likely be a one and done trip I have backed the Princess itinerary with a Celebrity southbound cruise which will include Hubbard Glacier. This will allow 2 days at each of the Alaska ports so I will have the option of doing different excursions as well as including all of the differences in north and south bound glacier viewing. And for me the icing is that I don't have to fly all the way to/from Anchorage or Fairbanks.

We sailed the Star to Alaska from Vancouver and then did the land tour.

First, if you can, sail from Vancouver. That way you get the real Glacier Bay experience, and it is exceptional.

Also, they have many lodges in Alaska. We visited Kenai, Denali, Fairbanks and Anchorage with Princess. It was a very good experience.

I'm just curious what you mean by this statement. Our first Alaska cruise was from Whittier to Vancouver and our second cruise was this past July RT out of Seattle.

Both itineraries visited Glacier Bay for the same amount of time during the same time of day. Why would the Whittier SB or a Vancouver NB cruise be the "real Glacier Bay experience"?

I'm just curious what you mean by this statement. Our first Alaska cruise was from Whittier to Vancouver and our second cruise was this past July RT out of Seattle.

Both itineraries visited Glacier Bay for the same amount of time during the same time of day. Why would the Whittier SB or a Vancouver NB cruise be the "real Glacier Bay experience"?

I would bet he means the real inside passage experience, as ships from Vancouver often go between Vancouver Island and the mainland, and ships from Seattle and San Francisco don't.