Kids Formal Wear

fourdarlings

My Nephew made his first communion last May. We thought we bought the suit big enough for our cruise on Oct 1st. But the chunker grew out of our plans. Checked the are thrift stores and that didn't help. I then remembered out church kept suits in a closet from donations for people who could not afford to buy an outfit for communions. We borrowed from there and will use the suit for Christmas and then turn both his suit and the lender back in.

If you really want a suit ask around you'll never know where you might find one. Good Luck, Burnsie

But if you'd like a suit, check out the thrift stores, and Walmart. I got my son a navy blazer for $5 at Savers, a super thrift resale store. Yesterday we picked out shirt and tie sets at Walmart, $9.83 each for a dress shirt and tie combo.

My son is so funny because he normally could care less about what he wears, but we've been talking about the dress code for the dining room, and he is so excited about wearing a suit, especially because I told him that Regis Philbin wears the Tone on Tone shirt and tie, and he has a burgandy shirt and burgandy tie, courtesty Walmart. He loves Regis, why I don't know, he just does.

Thaks for your help. I have checked thrift stores with no luck yet and I know Ebay has some too and will look there. Another problem is we are keeping the cruise a surprise (a gift to our family from my inlaws) and I want to make sure things fit. I can always use Christmas as an excuse!

Keri

When our son was little, we packed khaki dress pants and dark dress pants, plus collared golf shirts and long sleeve buttondowns. On casual nights, he wore golf shirts and khakis, dressier nights he wore buttondowns with khakis or dress pants but no tie, and on formal nights he wore dark slacks with buttondown and tie. Some years he had a jacket for formal, some just a vest. He was often better dressed than some adults! Now that he is a teen, he brings a sportcoat and dress pants (vs suit).

You will be fine on Carnival with what you described, just keep your eyes open. You never know when a deal is going to appear.

My son started out with the shirt tie and dress shirt for his first cruise. For his second, he had just had his first communion so he had a suit. This time around, the suit is getting small but it will last for two nights and then its off to ebay.

DD (12) and DS (11) will be on their first cruise in November. I bought 2 formal/dressy dresses for my daughter and 1 more casual dress. I bought the formals on EBAY and got both for less than $50. I took my son to Sym's where I got him a sports jacket, 2 pairs of slacks, 3 shirts and 3 silk ties and a pair of formal shoes for about $110 total. These will be Christmas outfits as well for both of them. I didn't think that was too bad. The rest of the time DS will be in khakis and tshirts or collared shirts and DD can wear skirts and blouses.

Now if I can just figure out what my DH is going to wear!!!

My 3 (11 -13 - 14) hate the dining room, they rather go to Johnny ROckets or the buffet/pizza bar. The one meal we forced them to eat with us, they hated the remaining khakis and shirts went home clean..., a plus to all this is my wife and I had a table for five become a romantic table for two for the remainder of the cruise.... :)

We got a tux (satin stripes on the pants even!) for our baby (he'll be exactly 5 months old the day we depart). Got the tux set (jacket, pants, shirt, bowtie and cummerbund) for $30 from Burlington Coat Factory. They also have formalwear for older boys and I've seen several places on eBay that have them too. (Got my new tux from an eBay merchant).

We got a tux (satin stripes on the pants even!) for our baby (he'll be exactly 5 months old the day we depart). Got the tux set (jacket, pants, shirt, bowtie and cummerbund) for $30 from Burlington Coat Factory. They also have formalwear for older boys and I've seen several places on eBay that have them too. (Got my new tux from an eBay merchant).

Adorable!

Archived