Non-converting twins???

BelleStarr

I just booked our cruise and now that I've gone to the Princess website to pull up our booking, it shows our cabin (cat. D) to be non-converting twins... Our family of 4 will be in the same cabin, so it is a quad, and two beds pull down. Do the other 2 not push together??? I wish the TA would've mentioned this if it's the case. I really don't want to pay for a balcony for Alaska in May, as we rarely even used it on our early June Alaskan cruise this year, but neither do I want just twin beds! What category do you have to book in order to make a larger bed?

I belive that it is Princesses computer system. That has been a glich in the system for a while. Our cabin (b7474) says it is has non-converting twins, but calls from me and my TA has confired that they will convert to a queen. So for awhile it said we had a queen but now it says non-convertng twins again. So I would call and verify, since there are not that many cabins that have non-converting twins

good Luck

With four people in a cabin it is difficult, but not impossible, to make the lowers into a queen. The problem is that the upper bunks are directly over the lowers in a twin setup. The ladders to get up top go in the middle (between the beds) and that is where you walk. If you nicely, with a tip, ask your cabin steward to move the lowers together, they usually will. BUT, you will either have to crouch walk under the uppers to get to your nightstands or crawl on the bed. It is awkward, not impossible. Plus your kids will have to have assistance getting in and out of the uppers (you may have to stand on the bed and lift them) since you cannot place the ladders to the middle and I think, not sure, that they don't fit from the end (dresser in the way) in an outside config.

Thank you all for the quick replies. Actually, I never even gave a thought to asking about whether the beds went together. All 4 of us were in a balcony on the Carnival Spirit last year, with one upper, one sofa bed and ours pushed together. I never dreamed they would be different with Princess...but this's only our second cruise. It was only when I was booking this one that I was told that both extra beds were 'uppers'. Our boys will be 17 and 18 at sailing... maybe they will be the ones to boost me up rather than the other way around!:)

I belive that it is Princesses computer system. That has been a glich in the system for a while. Our cabin (b7474) says it is has non-converting twins, but calls from me and my TA has confired that they will convert to a queen. So for awhile it said we had a queen but now it says non-convertng twins again. So I would call and verify, since there are not that many cabins that have non-converting twins good Luck

we encountered this same scenerio! when we booked, we booked a queen, but the room description(A321) said non-converting twins. Called the TA, said it was a queen, called Princess, said it was a queen. Got our docs, said it was non-converting twins

Also received advice to ask for the egg crate topper, makes the beds pushed together feel more like one whole bed. So we'll see, we leave next week!

Archived