Breakaway to Bermuda Live August 30th

seadog67

seadog67... love the live review. My wife and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary over the Memorial Day sailing next year to Bermuda. We will be traveling with friends who will be celebrating their 16th anniversary over the same time period. We booked a Haven 2 Bedroom Villa. If you are in the area could you take a peak into the Haven gym/spa and advise what is in there, especially in comparison to the ship gym/spa area. Cannot wait to continue to read you live report!

Hi Seadog67. Following and enjoying. Your pictures are fab! Could you post the hours for the Haven Restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Thanks.

Thanks cruise4family! I will find those out.

Internet or tapatalk is just not working today so that is why this is becoming semi-live. The gem had much better service and the rcl quantum was miles ahead of the quality of this service connection.

Tons of pics to share when possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seadog67... love the live review. My wife and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary over the Memorial Day sailing next year to Bermuda. We will be traveling with friends who will be celebrating their 16th anniversary over the same time period. We booked a Haven 2 Bedroom Villa. If you are in the area could you take a peak into the Haven gym/spa and advise what is in there, especially in comparison to the ship gym/spa area. Cannot wait to continue to read you live report!

Thanks jerson! I do not think there is a separate gym for the haven, and I think they have two spa treatment room in the haven courtyard. I just had the concierge book me a massage and it was in the main spa on deck 15. So i think the gym and spa is only 1 for the ship Madera Spa.

Here is a pic of the gym and spa

fb0711ba21af364bc9d2a7ef152715cf.jpg

34c64bd3f67c9649b21053f00c449fee.jpg

cbc9cb567dae87cbfc9268cfa140b752.jpg

3e723540a864f449b2061459adf78468.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I really hope we score Vibe passes!

Yeah, cruise pools are crowded in general but this ship has imho the worst cramped pool and upper deck of any I have been on.

Thank you for taking the time for your review. Did you see the prices for the wine bottles. Can't remember whats its called. You buy 4 or 8 bottles. Vino something?

Thanks

Elise

I can try and find out, I am not aware of that deal, check back I will find out.

More food, thanks Captain!

86953cfdd059c4243e6eb69425d634de.jpg

I'm loving your report Seadog ;)...thanks so much for sharing with all of us. So, I see it's Captain Hakan! I've been dying to know who would succeed Evans Hoyt...as I've been looking & looking, but never found an announcement! Love Captain Hakan :D...cruised with him multiple times on the Gem. And I see he's still as thoughtful as ever! ;)

Chris

Edited by cv322

I see that they still have those horrible buns for the Sabretts. I had 5 dogs last time on the breakaway at different times and the buns were falling apart. I hope they have better ones in two weeks when I will be there.

Thanks Seadog for the great info

I'm loving your report Seadog ;)...thanks so much for sharing with all of us. So, I see it's Captain Hakan! I've been dying to know who would succeed Evans Hoyt...as I've been looking & looking, but never found an announcement! Love Captain Hakan :D...cruised with him multiple times on the Gem. And I see he's still as thoughtful as ever! ;)

Chris

Thanks Chris! Here is his pic as well

fd12b1cac4c3ff37b8e4ab1e13012a3c.jpg

I see that they still have those horrible buns for the Sabretts. I had 5 dogs last time on the breakaway at different times and the buns were falling apart. I hope they have better ones in two weeks when I will be there.

Thanks Seadog for the great info

The bun held together and was steamed a bit from sitting on top of the dog bin so was not to bad.

I was a bit hungry and all the other places were a mess, the burger place and buffet and I didn't want a full lunch say at the restuarant, so the hot dog contest reminded me of the dog cart for lunch!

Have a great time on your trip skeeter!

OMG :eek:..in 4 Breakaway cruises I've never seen the pool deck look like this!

We sailed here 3 time 2 in cold months so it was never that bad except the last bermuda trip 2 years ago when it was a madhouse also.

Eek is right loll

[emoji33]