9/16 Grandeur...The Cruise From Hell

Bcoll

Glad you're all back safe and sound, I always wonder about the ships out there everyweek during this time of year, especially the hurricane season we've been having. They do what they have to do, and its all for passenger safety. I'm not one to complain about missed ports, they know what's out there more than I do. Most people who do complain are probably fairly new cruisers and just think its guaranteed they're going to get where they're supposed to. Mother Nature sometimes has different plans.

It is interesting to read various reactions to the same cruise. I, too, was unimpressed with Ashley- she is too young and obviously inexperienced to be doing what she is doing. She behaved more like a Social Hostess than a CD.

We thought the meals in the dining room, with one exception, were considerably better than what we have had on some recent cruises. The one exception was the so-called "prime rib" and the lobster tails on Thursday. Prime rib was tough and overcooked and the lobster was mushy. That was the only ordinary dinner we had. I also ordered the shrimp and scallop pasta dish and had several shrimp and real scallops-no fake seafood. I found it to be very good.

The Windjammer was its usual predictable self for breakfast and lunch. It wasn't bad, just average in both quality and selection. We had lunch one day in the dining room and thought it was much better.

As for the bathroom issues- we encountered them in several of the public bathrooms on decks 4 & 5. But alas, suite passengers are not immune from these problems. The toilet in our OS would not always flush, even after pushing the button several times. Then 5 or 10 minutes later, we would hear it flush all by itself. There was also the occasional brown water from the facet in the sink.

It is interesting to read various reactions to the same cruise. I, too, was unimpressed with Ashley- she is too young and obviously inexperienced to be doing what she is doing. She behaved more like a Social Hostess than a CD.

We thought the meals in the dining room, with one exception, were considerably better than what we have had on some recent cruises. The one exception was the so-called "prime rib" and the lobster tails on Thursday. Prime rib was tough and overcooked and the lobster was mushy. That was the only ordinary dinner we had. I also ordered the shrimp and scallop pasta dish and had several shrimp and real scallops-no fake seafood. I found it to be very good.

The Windjammer was its usual predictable self for breakfast and lunch. It wasn't bad, just average in both quality and selection. We had lunch one day in the dining room and thought it was much better.

As for the bathroom issues- we encountered them in several of the public bathrooms on decks 4 & 5. But alas, suite passengers are not immune from these problems. The toilet in our OS would not always flush, even after pushing the button several times. Then 5 or 10 minutes later, we would hear it flush all by itself. There was also the occasional brown water from the facet in the sink.

You were in a owners suite and didn't invite us for a tour? We were on the same deck as you but on the port side. :)

Archived