Share your Alaska photos!

Cruisechick82

Yes, indeed - Jacksonville Florida! All our previous cruise experiences have embarked via Florida ports (Canaveral, FLL, MIA); this is the first time we'll have to do major travel to get to the cruise. I'm not looking forward to the flights, since I'm 6'7".

MJM in JAX (FL)

We are also here in Jax. The flights are long, the worst for us was Seattle to Anchorage although it was really neat seeing the sun never set from 11pm to 1am Anchorage time during the last of our flight. But, we flew home from Seattle and it was much the better choice. Of course we did the southbound Whittier to Vancouver and drove to Seattle. We got a great deal on our flights by doing it that way and had much more leg room in the minivan! Alaska is amazing and about as different from Jax as you can get!

• 3 months later...
Yes, indeed - Jacksonville Florida! All our previous cruise experiences have embarked via Florida ports (Canaveral, FLL, MIA); this is the first time we'll have to do major travel to get to the cruise. I'm not looking forward to the flights, since I'm 6'7".

MJM in JAX (FL)

MJM...we are here in Orlando. Cruisin' on home to Anchorage in August on RADIANCE for 30th Wedding Anniversary.

Paulmj:

Those pictures are FANTASTIC! You just helped me decide to buy a Panasonic FZ15 instead of the Canon D2 I was trying to decide between. Is it difficult for an absolute novice to learn how to make those wonderful panoramic shots?

We were on the RCI Serenade of the Seas in the summer of 2004. I've posted up some pictures taken on that cruise, and they can be viewed at:

http://www.pbase.com/paulmj/serenade_alaska

These pictures, especially the panoramas, are best viewed in 'Original Size'.

I'm glad you liked the pictures. I should tell you that it really doesn't matter what kind of digital camera you buy. All of them sold these days by major brands will produce excellent results. There are a number of panorama stitching programs that are available, and often one of these is included with the software package that comes with a new camera.

All of the panormas that I took were taken hand-held (no tripod).

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the great pictures. We are taking our first Alaskan cruise in June. Part of the fun is in the planning. We can hardly wait!

I love the planning and time is going by faster than I thought it would. I think we booked out cruise over 11 months out and now we are down to only 6 months away!

• 1 month later...

Archived