Got any fun cruise rituals? :)

happywife0921

Hey fellow cruise lovers!

I'm trying my best to pass the time as I have a little more than 3 weeks till cruising and these 12 hour shifts just won't hurry lol. Just wondering if you guys have any activities that you always do before or during cruising, or if you're going to do anything different next time around?

For us, this time we will actually arrive to the port 2 days prior and spend some time exploring Ft. Lauderdale/Miami before sailing. Usually we just drive to port on same day and board so I'm really looking forward to this trip!

we clean the house. really. We love coming home to a clean house. Not just one room, but the WHOLE downstairs. :eek: so the two -three weeks before we clean, clean, clean. I'm in the middle of a ton of laundry now. dh is cleaning the master room. next on the list is the kid's playroom.

Dh has his 'cruise' shirts, that pretty much only getting worn on cruises. I bought him a few new ones to replace some raggy ones he had. nothing over the top crazy, just fun.

this next cruise, we're going down day before, stopping at the mall about 2 hrs away & taking dd to build a bear (rather than doing it on the ship :D ). she'll have fun, we've set a limit and she'll be able to choice from a much wider selection (I think I'll still let her the $2 carnival shirt). Then a hotel outside of the city, cheaper, has breakfast and pool!

Sounds like fun! My hubby has been to these areas before but it's my first time so I'm really excited to be able to relax around town before sailing. Our last two times where we did a same day drive there was really bad traffic that caused huge delays so I just wanted to avoid the stress this go around.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey fellow cruise lovers!

I'm trying my best to pass the time as I have a little more than 3 weeks till cruising and these 12 hour shifts just won't hurry lol. Just wondering if you guys have any activities that you always do before or during cruising, or if you're going to do anything different next time around?

For us, this time we will actually arrive to the port 2 days prior and spend some time exploring Ft. Lauderdale/Miami before sailing. Usually we just drive to port on same day and board so I'm really looking forward to this trip!

We always fly in atleast one day before as well. We enjoy Florida, so it's a good time for us to explore (a fun pre-vacation!)

• 4 months later...

Think back to when the European Space Agency landed the Philae craft on a comet. The scientist got in all kinds of trouble for wearing a shirt decorated in comic book style sci-fi "babes with guns".

I have that shirt. A cruise ship is about the only place it doesn't look out of place and bizarre.