Room Service Options - Breakfast on Anthem

Hi All

We're on Anthem in a week :) and also our first time on RCCL

Last year on Eclipse we enjoyed room service breakfast on our balcony most mornings. The options were very good including eggs cooked to your choice, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash etc as well as fruits, cereal, juices etc. All of this was complimentary.

My question is what room service options are available on Anthem (not sure if this is different to other Royal ships) ?? Does this include eggs cooked to your choice and is it complimentary ?? Really enjoyed just having a lazy breakfast on our balcony last year and would be great if Anthem offers this.

Edited by barneymag

Hi All

We're on Anthem in a week :) and also our first time on RCCL

Last year on Eclipse we enjoyed room service breakfast on our balcony most mornings. The options were very good including eggs cooked to your choice, bacon, sausage, corned beef hash etc as well as fruits, cereal, juices etc. All of this was complimentary.

My question is what room service options are available on Anthem (not sure if this is different to other Royal ships) ?? Does this include eggs cooked to your choice and is it complimentary ?? Really enjoyed just having a lazy breakfast on our balcony last year and would be great if Anthem offers this.

The room service menu on the maiden sailing was very different from other room service menus I have experienced; you could still get cooked food but that came at a cost. Free items were cereals, pastries juice, fruit, tea & coffee. I am sure I saw the menu somewhere on here will have a look and post a link if I can find it.

"Room Service: Room service is available 24 hours a day. While some items are complimentary, those delivered from Michael's Genuine Pub (pork sliders or hot breakfast items, for example) include a charge in the $4- to $5-per-item range. There's also a $4.95 late-night charge for anything ordered between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m".

Edited by raffles
added info

The room service menu on the maiden sailing was very different from other room service menus I have experienced; you could still get cooked food but that came at a cost. Free items were cereals, pastries juice, fruit, tea & coffee. I am sure I saw the menu somewhere on here will have a look and post a link if I can find it.

"Room Service: Room service is available 24 hours a day. While some items are complimentary, those delivered from Michael's Genuine Pub (pork sliders or hot breakfast items, for example) include a charge in the $4- to $5-per-item range. There's also a $4.95 late-night charge for anything ordered between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m".

WOW if they're charging $4 to $5 per item I could be paying $30 per person for breakfast if i have 2 eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns :eek: is that what they meant when I booked ..... WOW !!!

I think I read somewhere that if you are in a suite there is no charge, not sure though. Previously all items, all day, were free apart from alcoholic drinks & the late night charge.

As far as I know it is only Quantum & Anthem that this new room service charge applies to, I was on Allure in May but didn't check the room service menu. I suppose it won't be long before it is rolled out across the fleet.